2023 BOA Katy (Oct. 7)

LeanderMomma

Holy smokes! Clear Springs just performed at 11 am at the Gulf Coast Classic marching competition at Challenger stadium. Now they’re performing at BOA. Two different competitions on opposite sides of Houston on the same day within 4 hours of each other. Pretty ambitious!!! I saw the doors and was like, “wait! I just saw those this morning!!!”

Finals Schedule:

7:30 p.m. – Cypress Woods H.S., TX

7:45 p.m. – Seven Lakes H.S., TX

8:00 p.m. – Friendswood H.S., TX

8:15 p.m. – James Bowie H.S., TX

8:30 p.m. – Dawson H.S., TX

8:45 p.m. – Brazoswood H.S., TX

9:00 p.m. – Ronald Reagan H.S., TX

9:15 p.m. – Bridgeland H.S., TX

9:30 p.m. – Pearland H.S., TX

9:45 p.m. – Cy-Fair H.S., TX

10:00 p.m. – Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX

10:15 p.m. – The Woodlands H.S., TX

10:30 p.m. – Class A in Exhibition: Franklin H.S., TX

just got back home, didn't wanna sit around for hours waiting for finals to start. horribly sunburned on my legs and arms too.

these results are so much yaaaassss!! Pearland in top 3, um, YES! that's how i would have had it but i didn't think it would happen. Bridgeland in top half, another yaaaassss!!! i think they're a real threat for San Antonio finals.

woodlands winning both perf captions, i wouldn't have thought that going in, besides maybe vis, but coming out of the contest i understand it. i thought they were prob gonna have to coast on effect via their show design, which is amazing this yr, what they have at least. Reagan def has the more complete show right now, that ending with all the flags makes a huge statement, whereas twhs just stands there and barks. so GE going to Reagan, can see that too for now.

F-wood was one of my faves again. looks like they won their class thru visual entirely. super cute show, love the set design and costumes, just the whole look.

13 minutes ago, packwick said:

hopefully the wind is better tonight so that the guards aren't struggling as much or have to pull their tosses.

but will there be a judge in khakis for me to ogle tonight... hmmm.... that's the real question....

outstanding general effect goes to... prelims individual music judge!!!

Yeah I don't think this is the forum for those types of comments. Yeesh.

forgot to mention Tomball Memorial, looooved their show!!! my fave concept for sure, the price is right. that was Saucedo music right? def sounded like it at the beginning. the betting on the R13 clarinet was hilarious.

also wanna point out that Pearland held onto that top 3 placement despite a relatively crappy performance time, makes ya wonder if they could even move up in finals...

def an emotional show w/ the new moon/old moon stuff.

im kinda wondering what ctj's designers are thinking right now. i was chattin about this w/ my mom. i feel like if i were in their shoes id feel like damned if you do, damned of you don't kinda thing, cause ppl are always complaining, oh they do too much w/ their show design, everything and the kitchen sink, blah blah blah, but then they come out w/ a more stripped down back to basics-ish show like this one, and then ppl are like, meh it's boring, what happened to ctj!! lol like what are you supposed to do?? guess there's an in between there somewhere.