2023 BOA San Antonio Super Regional (Nov. 3 & 4)

LeanderMomma

1 hour ago, CloudFuel said:

I still have no clue what Round Rock's show is about... but they looked great and sounded fantastic! I don't know that I've ever seen a uniform intentionally try to blend in with the turf from the bottom before, but it's certainly a cool effect!

Marcus quenched my insane thirst for beautiful brass. Marcus please keep it up!!!!!

#hebronontop

MARCUS IS NOT PLAYING AROUND, THEY WANT THE WIN!!! Other that one minor saber drop, I don't think that run could have been much if any better!! That quad feature is just on another level, such rich and mature sounds from their brass, visuals/drill was very clean....guys, I think they might do it! Only thing possibly hurting them is having to go first in the top half, but that run has left me speechless, wonderful job Marcus!! 

Rouse's students perform the show expertly. I appreciate the precision and artistry. I do not like the design. Every impactful musical moment the section that is carrying the sound is not moving. I think that's cheesing the system. Not the student's fault but a design decision. It is performed extremely well and Van Doren did an an amazing job designing the show. But it could be better!!! 

That eighth note followed by two 16th note figure in the opener is one of my favorite parts of Reagan’s show. I just love the potent, dark sound the brass demonstrates throughout all of that. They time it so perfectly and do a good job at making each note clear. And that Mello high C sustain towards the end of it!😩🔥🔥

Wow! Reagan just made a major statement. Their drill writer is a master of what I call "hang on the wall" beautiful drill. Gorgeously ramose! And while Vandegrift may be known for their dance team, Reagan's maybe impresses me a little more. They were fantastic! Guard did great, too. Another one to watch out for at WGI. Also, random, I know, but I loved their hair! 😂