UIL 5A State Marching Contest 2023

Dave609

Way to go Lone Star!!! Other than a couple musical errors, that run was INCREDIBLE!!! Guard is great, and that percussion is awesome as always!!! That sax solo during the "Tank" feature is sooo freaking good!!! Huge opening statement, really clean yet difficult drill, just a great and super entertaining show all around, great job Lone Star!! 

Hendrickson

This show has come a very long way and ya'll should be extremely proud. Lots of hard work went into this performance. 

Awesome glissando in the opener and tight tongueing in the 2nd piece by the brass. Great ensemble sound after the trumpet quartet. The guard's double flag work was excellent in the ballad. The percussion laid down one heck of a run this afternoon! 

3 minutes ago, Band_dad_of_2 said:

100% 

We don't need bad vibes in the marching band community.  Good vibes is what has made it great.

Opinions are typically jaded by bands you support.  We shouldn't let that turn into criticism of other programs.

We all know how hard each one of these bands worked regardless of whether they made a 1 or a 3 at UIL Region.

Yes, more Guy Fieri and less Gordon Ramsay

ROUSE HOUSE BABY!!!! Guys, I think today could be the day CP gets dethroned, their best run of the show BY FAR!! Everything was perfect!! Soloist were absolutely on point, such controlled and mature ensemble sounds, drill was super clean, just wow wow wow! They gave it their all, nothing more could have been better! Congratulations on an incredible season and awesome final performance Rouse!!! 

3 minutes ago, LostChoirGuy said:

Rouse reminds me of a much smaller Carmel.  They have this beautiful rich symphonic sound and such an elegant and refined show.  I love seeing how this group has progressed.  Can we PLEASE see them at nats soon!?

I thought it was rumored awhile back that they were thinking about going soon.