2019 BOA Texas (and GN) schedule

Harlingen came within 3 points of Ctj in 2015 for 2nd place and won the first boa regional in the valley in 2005.. So It certainly can be done, Harlingen also came in 6th at San Antonio in 2001 before it became a super regional and won the For some reason Harlingen stopped going to boa the last two years, but John B Alexander and San Benito seem to be coming up down there. I agree that it would be nice to see a valley win in McAllen. I started band at Harlingen before I moved north so I spent middle school years listening to all of those great valley bands, always root for them.

Harlingen came within 3 points of Ctj in 2015 for 2nd place and won the first boa regional in the valley in 2005.. So It certainly can be done, Harlingen also came in 6th at San Antonio in 2001 before it became a super regional and won the For some reason Harlingen stopped going to boa the last two years, but John B Alexander and San Benito seem to be coming up down there. I agree that it would be nice to see a valley win in McAllen. I started band at Harlingen before I moved north so I spent middle school years listening to all of those great valley bands, always root for them.

CTJ Web Site states that they will return to McAllen in 2019 in addition to BOA Austin, BOA SA and Grand Nats in Indy

The web is buzzing - it would appear that the absence of Texas 6A programs in 2018 in Indy is leading to a huge push in 2019. looks like everyone is pulling out all the stops and this year should be huge  - not just in Indy - but leading up to Indy.

I expect that the Texas BOA events and the SA Super will be the most competitive we have seen in some time

2019 is looking to be very competitive and entertaining

The web is buzzing - it would appear that the absence of Texas 6A programs in 2018 in Indy is leading to a huge push in 2019. looks like everyone is pulling out all the stops and this year should be huge - not just in Indy - but leading up to Indy.

I expect that the Texas BOA events and the SA Super will be the most competitive we have seen in some time

2019 is looking to be very competitive and entertaining

I think you’re right. It’s looking to be one of the biggest years yet for Team Texas (I hope CTJ will offer those awesome #TeamTexas shirts again like they did in 2016)!

Leander keeps taunting us with their Instagram teasers. I know CTJ is looking for an acrobat. There’s no telling what all amazing things we will be seeing this year!

for the past few years I have stated that I am an alumni parent and do not represent the CTJ program. My daughter enjoyed 4 great years with the program in what can only be described as a life changing event but graduated in 2015

We found out a few hours ago that our 8th grader has been named a primary marcher for the CTJ nationals team for 2019. We are looking forward to another 4 years with one of the most talented and forward thinking marching arts programs in the country. from what I know of the 2019 show, it will be a wild ride and one that we are looking forward to.

Excited to be back in the "Band Parent" fold - all you alumni parents out there know what I am saying

bring on the 2019 marching season - lets bring the Eagle back to Texas

Lets go Claudia!!!

Almost spat my coffee on my screen reading this...literally lol 

Also, any leaks about this year's show?!?  

I can say that this years show will be what you expect from CTJ - FAST and LOUD. if you are familiar with CTJ shows of the past few years,  think of a chameleon in the forest through the trees - but a show about "Pride" (that is a hint) - my profile picture is the show design.

looking forward to a great year - may need to get my son some dance lessons  :D

I can say that this years show will be what you expect from CTJ - FAST and LOUD. if you are familiar with CTJ shows of the past few years,  think of a chameleon in the forest through the trees - but a show about "Pride" (that is a hint) - my profile picture is the show design.

looking forward to a great year - may need to get my son some dance lessons  :D

Ah, the show is about a lion pride. I have cracked the code.

As a fellow CTJ parent, I am looking forward to all bands representing our great state. Can’t wait to show them what Texas band looks and sounds like!! I’m rooting for any Texas band to bring home the eagle!! #TeamTexas

I agree - there is a very real chance that half of the finals will be taken by #teamtexas - bring the Eagle back to Texas

• 4 weeks later...

Now that FloMarching and Bands of America have released the 2019 schedule, I wanted to put the Texas schedule out there for we avid (or should I say rabid?) TXBands fans. And I am including GN of course, as so many Texas bands are going next fall. Here are the upcoming BOA dates in Texas for 2019:

September 21 McAllen (@Veterans Memorial Stadium)

September 28 Austin (@Kelly Reeves)

October 5 DFW (@Pennington Field)

Houston (@Legacy Stadium in Katy)

October 12 Midland (@Grande Communications Stadium)

(Also Texas Marching Classic @Kelly Reeves)

October 19 Waco (@McClane Stadium)

November 1&2 San Antonio Super Regional (@Alamodome)

November 14-16 Grand Nationals (@Lucas Oil Stadium)

Moving a copy of this down a bit so I don’t have to keep looking backwards to find it. I wish I could attend them all!

I said this over on the Hornrank site, but man am I antsy with anticipation for the day the lists come out. The excitement is twofold for me, because other than the surefire San Antonio Super (the on we always attend, I have no idea what other regionals (if at all) we are going to attend. I really hope we go to another regional this year like we did my sophomore year seeing that it's a non-state year for us again. 

I said this over on the Hornrank site, but man am I antsy with anticipation for the day the lists come out. The excitement is twofold for me, because other than the surefire San Antonio Super (the on we always attend, I have no idea what other regionals (if at all) we are going to attend. I really hope we go to another regional this year like we did my sophomore year seeing that it's a non-state year for us again.

BOA Austin!!!!