BOA Austin 2018

They sound and look really good! The show concept kinda reminds me of Boston this year, and the uniforms are an interesting choice but I'm sure it'll end up working out when I see them in person. (if that is the uniform I saw in the video)

I agree! I'm really impressed.  I also thought of BAC's show and I even think I heard some music that was in their show. Really excited for them 

I'm still holding onto my bet that Vandy will have a similar season to CTJ 2017. They will effectively go undefeated, except I think they have the ability to pull it off in UIL too. CTJ could peak late season with how difficult their show is, but they'll have a lot of cleaning to do which I think will give them a slow (but still very VERY impressive) start of the season. Leander and Round Rock will have a strong start as always, Bowie will surprise people, and Hendrickson will keep climbing the ranks. I heard Cedar Park had a rough start, but I'm sure they've fully recovered (I'm avoiding pre-season videos) with only minor setbacks. Cedar Ridge will be strong like always and will keep their finals spot easily. Vista Ridge are gonna also be very strong, but I think they'll have a slow start.

The 10th spot is a tossup between Westwood and Churchill. Both bands are out for blood this season and will both be fighting their hardest for the last spot. Westwood has been in the bubble for the past few years and I can't tell you how many times it was mentioned by the directors and students when I was working with them, they want this and they want it bad. They also have the show for it and assuming they've kept up the hard work since I had to leave for college, there's no counting them out. Churchill is always very strong however, and they've had seasons where they perform lower than their standards and then come back the next year on fire, so their last season's results should be taken with a grain of salt when making early-season predictions for this year. I'm giving the edge to Westwood admittedly largely out of bias, but at the same time I see them making this their year, as well as their lucky performance time (4th to last). Expect a spectacular performance from both Westwood and Churchill and let it be a testament to the depth of this competition's competitiveness. Any of these 11 bands would be serious contenders, if not locks, for medals at most other non-Texas regionals.

All that being said, here are my predictions

1) Vandegrift (Music, Visual)

2) C.T. Johnson (GE)

3) Leander

4) Round Rock

5) James Bowie

6) Hendrickson

7) Cedar Park

8) Cedar Ridge

9) Vista Ridge

10) Westwood

-------------------

11) Churchill

Other bands I'm excited to see:

New Braunfels

Rouse

Belton

Pflugerville

Weiss

I am biased, but I really think cedar park is gonna surprise some people this year, and the bit about he rough start confuses me, as we are well above a week ahead of schedule

I am biased, but I really think cedar park is gonna surprise some people this year, and the bit about he rough start confuses me, as we are well above a week ahead of schedule

That's great to hear! I was just going off stuff I heard about not being able to set drill on the first day because of some issues with the drillbook itself.