BOA Austin 2018

My current guess - based on what I have seen - is that the Top 5 and and Top 10 are very similar to last year.  CTJ should be the clear favorite.

I have seen Round Rock perform in person and can tell you that they have raised their game immensely and may be a dark horse.  Their band is much further along than previous years and their music is outstanding.  The opener will blow many people away - a return to some of their roots that made them a fan favorite in the past.  Vandegrift and Leander look to be their typical incredible selves.  By all accounts this appears to be the best BOA Austin competition in recent memory.  Should be fun!

My current guess - based on what I have seen - is that the Top 5 and and Top 10 are very similar to last year. CTJ should be the clear favorite.

I have seen Round Rock perform in person and can tell you that they have raised their game immensely and may be a dark horse. Their band is much further along than previous years and their music is outstanding. The opener will blow many people away - a return to some of their roots that made them a fan favorite in the past. Vandegrift and Leander look to be their typical incredible selves. By all accounts this appears to be the best BOA Austin competition in recent memory. Should be fun!

I agree. I think it’s going to be a tight race all around. So many of the bands are further along this year than they usually are by this time, and BOA Austin is still nearly 4 weeks out. I think what I have been calling the “CTJ Effect” is happening this year as more and more bands will have their entire show on the field by the end of September. I could be completely wrong about that, but I’m definitely seeing a new trend towards that from several of the bands.

Cedar Park is looking super as well. They will be in the hunt.

My current guess - based on what I have seen - is that the Top 5 and and Top 10 are very similar to last year.  CTJ should be the clear favorite.

I have seen Round Rock perform in person and can tell you that they have raised their game immensely and may be a dark horse.  Their band is much further along than previous years and their music is outstanding.  The opener will blow many people away - a return to some of their roots that made them a fan favorite in the past.  Vandegrift and Leander look to be their typical incredible selves.  By all accounts this appears to be the best BOA Austin competition in recent memory.  Should be fun!

I agree. I drove up to the football game in Harker Heights to watch them. I was thinking the same thing about their opener. I will put CTJ as the favorite. But who knows what can happen. I just hope we have good weather for this competition.

I was planning on going the Cedar Ridge game on Thursday. But I read somewhere that they won't be performing that night. Can't wait to see their show.

If you can make it out, I recommend going to their game next week! I've heard they'll be doing a run with uniforms and props! And you'll also get to see another phenomenal band in Vandegrift! I'm definitely gonna be trying to make it there.

I have not heard or seen much about Cedar Ridge yet other than a brief description of their show. How’s it looking? I’m sure they will be top 10 again this year!

I’m honestly not really sure about the vibe. I left the program this year. It looks really good though. It’s got all the makings of a really nifty show. I’ll be there supporting them at Austin!

I’m honestly not really sure about the vibe. I left the program this year. It looks really good though. It’s got all the makings of a really nifty show. I’ll be there supporting them at Austin!

awwww I'm sad to hear that you aren't in it anymore. But glad you are still following along. You'll love BOA Austin from the stands!!

Man, I'm so sad we're not going to Austin this year, I wanted to possibly meet some of the people I've been talking to for so long here. We'll be at Cap City down at Burger Center this year.

Sad we won't get to see you there. We love meeting all of you wonderful people in the stands!!

Haha, it put an end to the Cedar Ridge vs Cedar Park game too. Which sucks cause I was looking forward to it!

That’s the game I was talking about. My daughter and I headed out the door at 6:30 to go to Kelley Reeves but the closer we got, the more ominous the skies became. So we pulled into Starbucks instead. Which made it a win.

CP vs CR is rescheduled to be played at Burnet tonight. But the weather doesn't look much more promising than last night.

yeah, i'm not holding out much hope that Leander will get to play tonight either.  And I was SOOOOOO looking forward to their first home game!  They are doing a first time ever pre-show before the game tonight which includes the band, the Blue Belles, the pep squad, the Choir and I don't know who else. I'm still hoping that it will happen, but I'm not going to be surprised if we get a big storm right at game time.