Westwood band directors have sent out an email to parents regarding the rain. BOA is supposed to let the schools know what their plans are sometime this afternoon.

I truly feel bad for some of these kids. They need the rehearsal and practice time. UIL is just around the corner as well. Sigh..here's hoping BOA Waco happens.

I hope we can at least get Prelims in. Ugh. Rain. Please keep us updated!!

As soon as I hear something, I'll let you know.

I think the biggest issue right now is the concern about the travel.  No one wants to drive all those buses and trucks in the rain, only to be stuck.

Absolutely.  The bus and truck situation at this contest is a little unique because their post-performance parking is actually off-site at University H.S.

Behind BOA San Antonio and 6A State Championships, this BOA Waco contest is the competition that I have been most excited about all season. I love watching DFW because of my connection to many of the bands, but I feel most of the time we already know mostly what is going to happen. It is even more the case with Austin.

This one has so much uncertainty that it is really exciting. I think we will see lots of surprises and hopefully at least one unexpected group make finals. I would love to see a group like North Shore find some success on the BOA scene. Their performance time may make it possible for them to slip into finals. I think Westwood will be a much improved group from their Austin showing, probably passing up Plugerville. I think I saw that they actually had a penalty that lowered them a few spots at that contest. Look for Waxahachie and Dripping Springs to make statements about their programs. Also the fight for medals is pretty deep. Marcus, Cedar Park, Hendrickson, and Round Rock are the obvious contenders but I wouldnt be shocked to see one or both of DS or Hachie pass up one of them.

I better go finalize my predictions. I am really hoping the weather holds out for this one!

UPDATED PRELIMS PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE

As of 10/13/18, 8:40 a.m. CT. Due to an earlier weather delay, preliminary performances will delay. Preliminary performances will begin at 9:30 a.m. CT with this u[pdated schedule:

9:30 AM – Sachse H.S., TX

9:45 AM – McNeil H.S., TX

10:00 AM – Cypress Woods H.S., TX

10:15 AM – James Martin H.S., TX

10:30 AM – Pflugerville H.S., TX

10:45 AM – Robinson H.S., TX

11:00 AM – Round Rock H.S., TX

11:15 AM – Anderson H.S., TX

11:30 AM – Waxahachie H.S., TX

11:45 AM – LUNCH

12:45 PM – Berkner H.S., TX

1:00 PM – Westlake H.S., TX

1:15 PM – Centennial H.S., TX

1:30 PM – Dripping Springs H.S., TX

1:45 PM – Cedar Park H.S., TX

2:00 PM – Cypress Falls H.S., TX

2:30 PM – BREAK

3:15 PM – Marcus H.S., TX

3:30 PM – Wakeland H.S., TX

3:45 PM – Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX

4:00 PM – Waller H.S., TX

4:15 PM – North Shore Senior H.S., TX

I caught Round Rock but missed Waxahachie - given what I saw of Waxahachie last week, I assume they would have come out on top. Martin and Pflugerville probably 3rd. Didn't catch Pflugerville so I can't easily speculate who would have ended up on top.

Okay cool! And I understand, I'm just starving for results.