AVON AT BOA SA?????

• 3 weeks later...

David Maslanka passed away yesterday from colon cancer.

http://davidmaslanka.com/

This really broke my heart when it happened, hearing his 4th Symphony performed by the college band I got my undergrad/am getting my masters at was one of THE definitive moments that I decided I wanted to dedicate my life to Music Education and this activity.  Him passing so close to his wife just really made it even more saddening, though I suppose they're both together now.  

I know Avon had this show picked out WELL before this and it won't/shouldn't have any impact on stuff like scores and numbers but I really am excited to see what Avon does with what is an absolute monster of a composer and piece of music in the band world and being one of the first to put his work on the field.  They have a heck of a show coming down to Texas I bet.........and I couldn't be more excited to see it.  

• 3 weeks later...

Avon looked and sounded great at their first BOA of the season yesterday!

https://youtu.be/l1Yvtyk27mc

And their finals performance was even better! Can't wait to see the first round of what Texas' best have to offer at Austin this regional. I've seen videos of Flower Mound, and they are off to a really great start.

They totally deserved second. I don't know a ton about them but there was a lot of talk on the MFA forums about them.

The MFA/BOA website seems to be missing a lot of info ATM. Maybe they're doing maintenance on it. I can't see 2016 results and can't access the forums. Hopefully that will be fixed asap. I wanted to see how Lockport placed in GN semifinals last year.

Two sources. One is my own memory, and I confirmed by checking the wizarding world of ranking horns.

Inconceivable!

It's too bad you told us, actually. Otherwise I was going to threaten to start calling you "the fresh principalagent of Bel-Air."

Well, it was either going to be that or "P-daddy." (The "P" could stand for "political science" or "profile name" depending on your mood.)

Oh my goodness, the band who finished in 2nd behind Avon at BOA Canton yesterday has a BEAUTIFUL show! Truly just so gorgeous to look at. Anyone know anything about Lockport Township HS? Here's the link. So pretty!

Loved their show as well, the guard costuming and color palette are just to die for beautiful. There are several just jaw dropping beautiful moments visually in that show.

I'll take this opportunity to plug my own website's results section (with over 20 years of BOA recaps in a much easier to read ordinal format): HornRank.com/results

Jeremiah, how did I not know HornRank was your website??!! That's fantastic! And you're right. The format is SO much easier to read than BOA. thank you!!