2024 BOA Grand National Championships (Nov. 14-16)

4 hours ago, crunchycookie3 said:

I think Bridgeland has been poised to do well at Grand Nats for a few years now. For the last three years, their achievement honestly could be considered the Prosper or SLC of Houston.

100% Agreed, Even if finals isn’t in the making for them(😉) I’m sold on them making semi-finals 100%.

12 hours ago, crunchycookie3 said:

I think Bridgeland has been poised to do well at Grand Nats for a few years now. For the last three years, their achievement honestly could be considered the Prosper or SLC of Houston.

I can’t say I agree, but I still wish them the best of luck in Indiana this coming November.

Lets be real y'all, Bridgeland will do just fine at BOA GN. Although they are described by some as young, that doesn't mean they will not perform and execute as they have shown they can under great pressure situations like Grand Nats is. 

One thing that I don't think people are taking into consideration with the conversation of Bridgeland and all Cy Fair ISD schools is the difference in schedule for the start of school. This past year, 2023-2024, Cy Fair ISD had their first day of school on August 28th, and many programs in the district took advantage of that time opportunity to work on, develop, and achieve their shows with a strong running start. This upcoming fall, they have a proposed start date on their district website of the 14th of August, which would eliminate nearly two weeks of potential band camp-esque rehearsal times for school in the district. 

Going on and checking district websites other districts in the surrounding area have had the 14th as a start date and make it work, most notably is their neighbors in KatyISD, but I am curious if losing 2 weeks of band camp will have any impact on their show and performance. 

Confirmed so far (69):

American Fork H.S., UT
Archbishop Alter H.S., OH
Archbishop Carroll H.S., OH
Avon H.S., IN
Avon H.S., OH
Batesville H.S., IN
Ben Davis H.S., IN
Bishop Fenwick H.S., OH
Bourbon County H.S., KY
Bridgeland H.S., TX
Brownsburg H.S., IN
Campbell County H.S., KY
Carmel H.S., IN
Cary H.S., NC
Castle H.S., IN
Catawba Ridge H.S., SC
Cedar Park H.S., TX
Center Grove H.S., IN
Centerville H.S., OH
Central Crossing H.S., OH
Cheney H.S., WA
Christian Academy of Louisville, KY
Clover H.S., SC
Columbus Schools, IN
DeSoto Central H.S., MS
DeWitt H.S., MI
Dixie Heights H.S., KY
Dobyns-Bennett H.S., TN
East Clinton H.S., OH
Finneytown H.S., OH
Fishers H.S., IN
Floyd Central H.S., IN
Friendswood H.S., TX
Goshen H.S., IN
Green Level H.S., NC
Greendale H.S., WI
Greenfield-Central H.S., IN
Hamilton H.S., OH
Homestead H.S., IN
Huron Valley Schools, MI
Jenison H.S., MI
Jenks H.S., OK
John Hardin H.S., KY
Lakota East H.S., OH
Lambert H.S., GA
Lawrence Township, IN
Leander H.S., TX
Marian Catholic H.S., IL
Meade County H.S., KY
Miamisburg H.S., OH
Milford H.S., OH
Monrovia H.S., IN
Morton H.S., IL
Norton H.S., OH
O’Fallon Township H.S., IL
Owen County H.S., KY
Piqua H.S., OH
Plymouth-Canton E.P., MI
Prosper H.S., TX
Reeths-Puffer H.S., MI
Rockford H.S., MI
Rosemount H.S., MN
South Oldham H.S., KY
Tippecanoe H.S., OH
Walled Lake Schools, MI
Walter E. Stebbins H.S., OH
Westlake H.S., UT
William Mason H.S., OH
Worthington Kilbourne H.S., OH

2 hours ago, 11BandMan11 said:

Lets be real y'all, Bridgeland will do just fine at BOA GN. Although they are described by some as young, that doesn't mean they will not perform and execute as they have shown they can under great pressure situations like Grand Nats is. 

One thing that I don't think people are taking into consideration with the conversation of Bridgeland and all Cy Fair ISD schools is the difference in schedule for the start of school. This past year, 2023-2024, Cy Fair ISD had their first day of school on August 28th, and many programs in the district took advantage of that time opportunity to work on, develop, and achieve their shows with a strong running start. This upcoming fall, they have a proposed start date on their district website of the 14th of August, which would eliminate nearly two weeks of potential band camp-esque rehearsal times for school in the district. 

Going on and checking district websites other districts in the surrounding area have had the 14th as a start date and make it work, most notably is their neighbors in KatyISD, but I am curious if losing 2 weeks of band camp will have any impact on their show and performance. 

Most bands start their half-day schedules around that time, but even then, that is still a fair amount of time that is lost of rehearsal, could maybe affect some area results, just depends on how each program handles it(if cy-fair/katy starts on the 14th).

On 2/10/2024 at 10:21 PM, Sideswiperr said:

Most bands start their half-day schedules around that time, but even then, that is still a fair amount of time that is lost of rehearsal, could maybe affect some area results, just depends on how each program handles it(if cy-fair/katy starts on the 14th).

Cisd a little further north from cypress and Katy has been starting on Aug 9,10,11 the last 3 years… which means band camp ends the weekend before because there isn’t space at the school for it to be held with orientations and such… so they’ve only had camp with drill for a week or less.   Happily next year it is going the opposite way from Aug 9th this year as a start date.  Next year they start on the 14th and the following the 13th… but at least it’s the 2nd full week of August and not the first full week.  

18 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

I just went through some of the results from out of state regionals to get a feel for how this comp is gonna stack up and ummmm, it’s gonna be hella crazy this year, especially with BA and Tarpon still probably coming, even making semis will be super hard this year. I want to make a way to early prediction but I’m not, but I’d say final will probably as of now look something like this: 

Avon, Carmel, Bridgeland, American Fork, Brownsburg, Cedar Park, Leander, Prosper, O’Fallen, Dobyns-Bennett, William Mason, Jenks/Fishers 

O’Fallen is gonna be very dangerous, as they had an incredible season last year and I’d say are a lock for finals as of now. If BA and Tarpon come, I’d move Jenks/American Fork/Fishers out, though I think AF is the current strongest of the 3 as of now. I’m really excited for how AAA is gonna go with Leander CP and DB 

Too early to make a prediction like that.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Vidal28 said:

If I were to bet, Leander plays the Grand Nats game pretty well, if their varied performance concepts and rep go hand in hand with their achievement, they can potentially repeat another 2019 showing and probably win the 3A Crown comfortably. Even then, I’m really curious what CP brings to the table and perhaps taking things to another gear than last year, I would pick them for the 3A crown out of the three if I had to pick now!

Yep, never underestimate Cedar Park.

10 hours ago, Vidal28 said:

If I were to bet, Leander plays the Grand Nats game pretty well, if their varied performance concepts and rep go hand in hand with their achievement, they can potentially repeat another 2019 showing and probably win the 3A Crown comfortably. Even then, I’m really curious what CP brings to the table and perhaps taking things to another gear than last year, I would pick them for the 3A crown out of the three if I had to pick now!

I could definitely see this happening, however……I think, as many have said, to never, EVER underestimate Cedar Park. This time of the season is when they are at their strongest, and they may be coming into this after winning their 6th consecutive state championship. Ik CP is going to the SASR, Leander hasn’t been confirmed, but if both end up going we will get a good look as to who’s currently “stronger” in BOA, but I’m not putting any predictions out any time soon 

12 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

but I’m not putting any predictions out any time soon 

Underrated comment. It's fun, but kind of silly, to see all these predictions for next year on the forum when nobody has even stepped onto the practice field yet, or even announced shows for that matter. 

2 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

I could definitely see this happening, however……I think, as many have said, to never, EVER underestimate Cedar Park. This time of the season is when they are at their strongest, and they may be coming into this after winning their 6th consecutive state championship. Ik CP is going to the SASR, Leander hasn’t been confirmed, but if both end up going we will get a good look as to who’s currently “stronger” in BOA, but I’m not putting any predictions out any time soon 

Oh yeah, in my very last bit of my post I said that CP was my pick as of now too haha

I’m just thinking of Leander’s pathway to winning 3A as well, if they have a product similarly executed and as memorable as ‘19, they probably win and place pretty highly overall. I think both place above DB as of now.