2023 Show Announcements

Vandegrift HS: “Spotlight”

ACCC54F5-B3F2-418A-84AF-786ABBFE432A.thumb.jpeg.28905d787b36378576215d1c54d3d115.jpeg

I do have the source music but I don’t think I’m at the liberty of posting it. The only one that’s publicly confirmed is "A Breathless Alleluia" by Philip Wilby (used in the trailer.)

This piece has been played by the Boston Crusaders in 2018 and Keller HS in 2021. It’s an amazing technical piece for brass and I can’t wait to hear another rendition of it.

1 minute ago, celesta said:

Vandegrift HS: “Spotlight”

ACCC54F5-B3F2-418A-84AF-786ABBFE432A.thumb.jpeg.28905d787b36378576215d1c54d3d115.jpeg

I do have the source music but I don’t think I’m at the liberty of posting it. The only one that’s publicly confirmed is A Breathless Alleluia by Philip Wilby (used in the trailer.)

This piece has been played by the Boston Crusaders in 2018 and Keller HS in 2021. It’s an amazing technical piece for brass and I can’t wait to hear another rendition of it.

Very interesting direction in show decision after these past few years, but they will do great regardless. Just seems like a very basic show concept compared to what they’ve done before.

Klein Oak HS Band, Spring, TX (just north of Houston)

2023 Show:  Way Out West

Howdy!  We're excited because Way Out West is Klein Oak Band's first time working with creative producer/manager Daniel Morrison (former director of Ronald Reagan HS). This show is like Beyond Thunderdome meets Wild, Wild West (yes, that movie from the 90s). It's steampunk & cowboys. The gears are turning.                                                KO Band is headed to the OK Corral with musical selections from The Hateful 8, The Mandalorian, and more. 

32 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Klein Oak HS Band, Spring, TX (just north of Houston)

2023 Show:  Way Out West

Howdy!  We're excited because Way Out West is Klein Oak Band's first time working with creative producer/manager Daniel Morrison (former director of Ronald Reagan HS). This show is like Beyond Thunderdome meets Wild, Wild West (yes, that movie from the 90s). It's steampunk & cowboys. The gears are turning.                                                KO Band is headed to the OK Corral with musical selections from The Hateful 8, The Mandalorian, and more. 

OK Corral? Is this a teaser for Klein Oak to be heading north for an out of state competition? 

On 4/14/2023 at 3:23 PM, Tubalord11 said:

Very interesting direction in show decision after these past few years, but they will do great regardless. Just seems like a very basic show concept compared to what they’ve done before.

To be fair most of their shows have been very straightforward in the past (at least since 2014), I think it’s only recently they’ve stepped out of the box a little more.

They filled a really nice niche of straightforward classical shows, but this new direction seems really fun and promising. Especially after Into The Grid which was a show nobody expected from them.

3 hours ago, lost said:

To be fair most of their shows have been very straightforward in the past (at least since 2014), I think it’s only recently they’ve stepped out of the box a little more.

They filled a really nice niche of straightforward classical shows, but this new direction seems really fun and promising. Especially after Into The Grid which was a show nobody expected from them.

Yeah I don’t really know what to expect. I’m excited none the less! 

Another HornRank roundup!

Amarillo HS: "HellScapes"
Music by Gustav Holst, Hans Zimmer, & Led Zeppelin

Manor HS: "Crossroads"

Sulphur Springs H.S., TX: "H2O"
"Moon River" by Henry Mancini
"The Flying Dutchman Overture" by Richard Wagner
"Niagara Falls" by Michael Daugherty

Cypress Spring HS: "Ripple Effect"

Edinburg H.S., TX: "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood"
Musical by John Williams, Lady Gaga, Irene Cara, Irwin Berlin, Erich Korngold & more

On 4/21/2023 at 8:19 PM, Coolhornplayer said:

Hendrickson: POWERLINE

Musical selections:
"Acts of Congress, Mvt. 1" by Ryan George
"Metropolis Symphony: Lex" by Michael Daugherty
"Woods" by Bon Iver
"Alfonso Muskedunder" by Todd Terje

New Braunfels HS: "Nightshade"
Musical selections:
"Everything In Its Right Place" by Radiohead
"Celestial Night" by Richard Danielpour
"Flower Duet" by Léo Debiles
"Air Waltz" by Oliver Davis

Wylie East HS: "The Hope Cycle"
Musical selections:
"The First Circle" by Pat Metheny
"Running Up That Hill" by Kate Bush
"As Above, So Below" by Nathan Daughtrey
"Song of Hope" by Peter Meechan
"Icronic" by Polyphia
"Symphony No. 9" by Ludwig van Beethoven

53 minutes ago, TrenBS said:

McKinney Boyd HS: City in The Sky

Confirmed selections:

Machu Picchu: City in the Sky by Satoshi Yagisawa

Oblivion by Astor Piazzolla

From what ive heard from people that have heard the opening is that the quality and difficulty is many times harder and better then the previous years show, not even a comparison, so will definitely be a group to look out for.

E0DD0393-4BD2-47B6-86BB-6C333C1E6023.jpeg

After how last year went for this group, I think they could be going serious places this season. I’d love for them to make(I think it would be) their first boa finals appearance at the Prosper regional, but that comp is looking to be insanely stacked, but it will be hopefully another incredible season for Boyd! 

11 hours ago, packwick said:

the woodlands 2023 production is called Trollgirls 2.

i think i heard the music is Goddess by David A. Steward, also Do You Want Some, Joshua?, Goblins are Coming, and The Witch of Popcorn, all by Carlo Maria Cordio.

I thought you made the music up, too, but it's real?! The Witch of Popcorn?! What?! 😂😂😂