UIL 6A 2023 State Marching Band Contest (Oct. 30. & 31)

LeanderMomma

United HS-

I really liked that ballad! The opener of the show was very interesting (hoping I didn't hear a tear towards the first hit :( ). Their visuals were really cool as well! Overall, I really enjoyed the show! Congratulations to the Laredo United HS Band!

Edit- Forgot to mention, I really liked how in the opener, they utilized one side of the field for the guard and had the band be on the other side. Really was unique compared to other bands who use that feature later on in a show.

@DeadMascot

WOW UNITED! I see why they've had such a successful season, they did incredible! That percussion is doing some serious work for their size, drill was very clean, soloist were wow, just an amazing performance all around! So happy to see them back at the state contest, so well deserved! Great job United! 

Westlake-

That pre-opener was really good! The music that the front ensemble played was really beautiful! The Ballad, gave me chills! Yes to the tuba feature! And can I just say that I legit had tears, I don't know why but the music truly one of the best I have heard this year! Thank you Westlake for a spectacular performance :). 

Also, they did very well with the Circles in the visuals.

13 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

United HS-

I really liked that ballad! The opener of the show was very interesting (hoping I didn't hear a tear towards the first hit :( ). Their visuals were really cool as well! Overall, I really enjoyed the show! Congratulations to the Laredo United HS Band!

Edit- Forgot to mention, I really liked how in the opener, they utilized one side of the field for the guard and had the band be on the other side. Really was unique compared to other bands who use that feature later on in a show.

I think it was a tear but it’s a very difficult piece and  they did a very good job with it regardless.

2 minutes ago, LostChoirGuy said:

Back to the conversation about school districts with all of their traditional high schools making state- 

Sharyland ISD 

Pearland ISD

completely forgot about those 2 XD. Could also say PSJA since they sent 2 schools, and Paris ISD sent Paris HS and North Lamar.

1 minute ago, Tubalord11 said:

BRIDGELAND!!!! I think we are looking at a new state finalist!!! I was absolutely mesmerized by their music performance, WOW WOW WOW!!! Drill was super clean, soloist were just killer, loved the Euphonium solo at the end, guard was great, and they were marching some super hard forms that they killed. Great job Bridgeland! 

Agreed! Definitely would give them the edge over Westlake. Love the westlake show but it just didn’t get all the way for me