2023 BOA Austin (Sept. 23)

LeanderMomma

9 minutes ago, symphbee said:

Maybe I’m just in a grumpy mood because the stream is awful but - I don’t really get the Vandegrift hype train? Like yes they can play loud, but there’s 600 of them - I even think they pushed it past sounding good quite a few times. It’s also hard to keep the visual interesting when the field is so crowded? Maybe I’m the only one who feels this way? Just needed to get that thought out of my head.

I’m starting to see what you’re saying, although to me it sounds like someone is pushing past their best sound to the point where it’s noticeable, but it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb, and you can hear it clearly in the sound, but it’s covered up at the same time? Or someone is playing with too much edge?

14 minutes ago, Ranxh1938292 said:

I’m starting to see what you’re saying, although to me it sounds like someone is pushing past their best sound to the point where it’s noticeable, but it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb, and you can hear it clearly in the sound, but it’s covered up at the same time? Or someone is playing with too much edge?

It’s one lone trumpet player, it sounded much worse in prelims

This intro preshow is very intriguing Cedar Ridge… clean!! I’n left wondering where yall hid those other 50 brass players I heard?! The theme is reading so well. This is one of the cleaner shows of the night too! The guard soloists in the background were rocks are really doing a great job! The environmental demand of the ballad is mind boggling, and they did it so well. The crowd pleaser movement still fit so well in the show and was largely and widely enjoyed by everyone!

The rouse cathedrals look like Black/White rainbows, but i get the idea. This is a beautiful opener, though i may be partial because i loved White Lotus. They’re shimmering tonight. They feel bigger than in recent memory, though that could be field design. Audible reactions from the hornline. WOW. What an effective show. They sound HUGE. What an impressive show!!