2023 BOA Austin (Sept. 23)

LeanderMomma

Just now, Tubalord11 said:

Solid performance from Hendrickson! It's not my favorite show or music, but they sounded really good, but some dirt in the sound, definitely not as strong as last year as of now. We'll see how they progress over the season, still a good amount of work to do. Great job Henny! 

Agree with everything. I cannot WAIT to hear who the finalists are - it’s going to be really close for them!

Very intriguing and well sounding show from Dripping Springs! That opening statement was very big and impactful, overall very good sounds. Seems like they had some issues with their mics which is always unfortunate, but definitely in contention for finals! I'm very excited to see how they grow over the season as I think come the final stretch this show will be very strong. Ballad was also very impactful. A little dirt in the brass but it's hot as heck some that's completely understandable. Great job Dripping Springs! 

Just now, Ranxh1938292 said:

You know, I had dripping springs in finals for my predictions in this thread, and someone said they would give a $1000 to me if DS made it in. 

WHAT! I'm currently praying that they do so you win that $$$ but in all seriousness I think they have a solid shot, everyone's just been showing up today, so it really comes down to the small details that the judges see and hear that will determine tonight's finalist. 

1 minute ago, Tubalord11 said:

I'm unfortunately not able to watch the rest of prelims or finals due to football game marching band stuff here at Baylor, but hopefully I'm able to watch prelims awards between the end of rehearsal and heading over to the stadium. Great job today everyone, best of luck to tonight's finalist! 

I’ve loved hearing all your thoughts on today’s groups! Stay cool out there! 

Just now, Origin said:

Dripping Springs making a solid case for finals. I think it’ll be them, Johnson, Hendrickson, and Lake Travis fighting for the last 2 spots in finals. But that’s assuming Leander and Westwood are in finals, who I didn’t get to see.

Leander will definitely make finals, and I'd be surprised if Wood didn't, they sounded really good for this early on. Will be close if they don't. 

2 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

WHAT! I'm currently praying that they do so you win that $$$ but in all seriousness I think they have a solid shot, everyone's just been showing up today, so it really comes down to the small details that the judges see and hear that will determine tonight's finalist. 

Regardless of these results, every. Single. One. Of. These. Bands. Should be extremely proud of these performances, because they SHOWED UP, and SHOWED OUT in This Texas heat. From the smallest 1A Band, to the biggest 6A band. 

Very minimal with the props this year for Vandy, just letting the music and the marching do the talking. The whole breathless alleluia opener is so good and the glissando at the end of the ballad was instant chills! I’m always so impressed with how much they get on the field and how clean it is.

Finalists (my opinion, in order kind of):

1 - 3:

Cedar Park (VIS)

Vandegrift (GE) - I think the heat significantly impacted prelims, would not be surprised if they swept in finals

Vista Ridge (Music)

4 - 5:

Rouse

Cedar Ridge

6 - 9:

Round Rock

Westwood (might be biased, a personal fav)

Leander

Bowie

10 - 12:

Westlake

Dripping Springs

Lake Travis

Just Out:

Hendrickson (could see maybe them in and Westlake out)