8. Keller
  9. Southlake Carroll
  10. Forney
  11. Azle 
  12. McKinney North

Outstanding Music Performance: Wakeland

Outstanding Visual Performance: Wakeland

Outstanding General Effect: Wakeland 

I had some different predictions at first but then went back and checked the top half-bottom half split and decided to change some things so that the placements didn’t drastically contrast. 

Well I got 1st, 3rd, and 5th-8th place right. So that’s 6/12👍🏾

And I correctly guessed the caption awards would be won via a sweep although that one felt NID to me lol

8 minutes ago, Vidal28 said:

The band that was better and 1st overall just happened to be 3A class champion, so they weren’t first in prelims, at least that’s what I would believe. Likely 2nd overall in prelims. In finals, they got bumped down a tad to a still very respectable 4th overall, nothing too crazy really.

Bell was 1st overall in prelims, wakeland was 3rd

1 minute ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

So Wakeland was first in music and visual in prelims but 3rd in GE which is why they were 3rd in prelims. Bell was 2nd in music and visual then 1st in GE making them 1st overall in prelims. 

I knew Bell was performing well this year but holy cow did not anticipate them winning prelims! 😮 

Whoa ok so Bell was 2nd in Music and Visual in finals too but they went from 1st to 5th in GE which is why they dropped to 4th. Marching band I tell ya!

3 minutes ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

So Wakeland was first in music and visual in prelims but 3rd in GE which is why they were 3rd in prelims. Bell was 2nd in music and visual then 1st in GE making them 1st overall in prelims. 

I knew Bell was performing well this year but holy cow did not anticipate them winning prelims! 😮 

It warms my heart to see Bell having a bit of a resurgence. Hopefully Bowie (my alumni) will have one too in the near future.

15 minutes ago, lost said:

Keller has me a little worried. It wouldn’t be a BOA season without Keller keeping me nervous until the very last minute though.

I am here for this potential L.D. Bell resurgence though…they’ve been due for another shot at the spotlight for a while now.

Lol it is on brand for the program to progressively climb up the rankings throughout the season and maybe giving their fans a heart attack here or there

27 minutes ago, GeekBoy54 said:

LD Bell was 1st overall in prelims.

Prosper was 2nd, Wakeland was 3rd, Keller Centeral was 4th, Keller was 11th, Southlake Carroll was 12th.

First out was Hendrickson by a 1.7 margin.

Difference between Henny and Boyd was .5, and they missed because Boyd got melted visually, and Hendrickson I guess the color pink was just too much for the GE visual judge

1 hour ago, DallasFan said:

Bell was 1st overall in prelims, wakeland was 3rd

Well I’ll be darned. I see that now. And it looks like GE heavily determined placements, even more so than usual. The allocation of points were a bit unbalanced imo, seeing that Wakeland performed really well in the performance captions in prelims, placing first in both, but being rated nearly two whole points lower in GE placed them third. That’s just wonky to me

This was mainly a prelims issue though, GE was kinda all over the place in finals, interestingly enough

18 minutes ago, Vidal28 said:

Well I’ll be darned. I see that now. And it looks like GE heavily determined placements, even more so than usual. The allocation of points were a bit unbalanced imo, seeing that Wakeland performed really well in the performance captions in prelims, placing first in both, but being rated nearly two whole points lower in GE placed them third. That’s just wonky to me

This was mainly a prelims issue though, GE was kinda all over the place in finals, interestingly enough

I do kind of feel like that was a little misplaced, they weren't that much worse than the other bands in ge! Also glad to see LD Bell make a comeback.