UIL 5A State Marching Contest 2023

Dave609

All I've got to say is that the win could to Rouse or Cedar Park, because CP also just had their best run of the season. I mean WOW!!! Percussion was locked in, drill was super clean, huge sounds all around, that sax soloist in the ballad was just mind blowing, I mean I'm just blown away, I really think they are going to take it, could either way but I mean wow, that was amazing, great job Cedar Park!

1 minute ago, LostChoirGuy said:

That's my favorite Cedar Park show since 2016.  It's so dang fun to experience!  Great job to all performers.  I'm glad I'm not a judge and can just enjoy haha

I was going to say that this year's show was my overall favorite show from them ever!!

7 hours ago, Dave609 said:

Today is the day we see all these amazing 5A programs one last time for the 2023 season! Lets see which Area's are being represented this year!-

Area B- 3 Bands- Wakeland HS, Lone Star HS, and Lebanon Trail HS

Area C- 1 Band- Forney HS

Area D- 1 Band- Robert E. Hendrickson HS

Area E- 1 Band- Friendswood HS

Area F- 2 Bands- Burleson Centennial HS and Richland HS

Area G- 1 Band- Roma HS

Area H- 3 Bands- Cedar Park HS, Rouse HS, Leander HS

Best of Luck to all these bands today and remember, have the best performance of your life! To any seniors reading these threads, Have the Best Final Performance Ever!

I’m still so curious, how did Mckinney North not make it to finals? They placed third in their area while Lebanon trail got fourth somehow Lebanon trail is at finals but not in Mckinney? You would think that area scores somewhat predicted, and would reflect state scores, right?

1 minute ago, northtexasshawty said:

I’m still so curious, how did Mckinney North not make it to finals? They placed third in their area while Lebanon trail got fourth somehow Lebanon trail is at finals but not in Mckinney? You would think that area scores somewhat predicted, and would reflect state scores, right?

Different judging panel, and scores were very close at area. A lot can change between area and state.

1 minute ago, northtexasshawty said:

Not at all. Just because a band places below you does not mean you automatically place higher than them at State, a whole new competition may I add. 

Just now, northtexasshawty said:

Nope. Different day, different performance, and different judging panel plus a week and a half to clean and refine. Burleson Centennial finished in 3rd behind Aledo and Richland in Area F and were top 6 in state prelims.