2022 BOA Austin (Sept. 24)

9 hours ago, yayband914 said:

Throwing my hat in the prediction ring. Impossible to predict this contest. Couple of dark horses just outside of finals to for sure keep an eye on. 

1. Vandegrift H.S., TX
2. Cedar Ridge H.S., TX
3. Cedar Park H.S., TX
4. Rouse H.S., TX
5. Vista Ridge H.S., TX
6. Westlake H.S., TX
7. Leander H.S., TX
8. Westwood H.S., TX
9. Round Rock H.S., TX
10. Hendrickson H.S., TX
11. James Bowie H.S., TX
12. Lake Travis H.S., TX
-----
13. New Braunfels H.S., TX
14. Dripping Springs H.S., TX
15. Louis D. Brandeis H.S., TX
16  Weiss H.S., TX
17. Anderson H.S., TX
18. Tom C. Clark H.S., TX
19. Liberal Arts and Science Academy H.S., TX
20. Harker Heights H.S., TX
21-27th. No Clue H.S., TX

A - Manor New Tech H.S., TX
AA - Liberal Arts and Science Academy H.S., TX
AAA - Cedar Park H.S., TX
AAAA - Vandegrift H.S., TX

this is probably the most accurate prediction i've seen

Here are my predictions since everyone else is doing there’s. I have seen most of the shows except rouse and leander.

1.Vandergrift
2.Cedar Ridge
3.Cedar Park
4.Vista Ridge
5.Rouse
6.Leander
7.Westlake
8.Round Rock
9.Dripping Springs 
10.Lake Travis
11.James Bowie
12.Westwood
——————————————-
13.Hendrickson 
14.Louis D. Brandies
15.Weiss
16-27 I don’t know

This will be the first BOA Austin competition I won't be attending in 6 years. I've been doing a lot of personal and work travel out of state and I'm just flat out tired. Plus, I'd love to attend with my kiddo but she's doing a hackathon at A&M this weekend, so I'll be cheering from my couch. I'm anxious to see how all the bands will do this Saturday. Of course, I'll be cheering loud and proud for Westwood.

3 hours ago, BandFan95 said:

This will be the first BOA Austin competition I won't be attending in 6 years. I've been doing a lot of personal and work travel out of state and I'm just flat out tired. Plus, I'd love to attend with my kiddo but she's doing a hackathon at A&M this weekend, so I'll be cheering from my couch. I'm anxious to see how all the bands will do this Saturday. Of course, I'll be cheering loud and proud for Westwood.

I will miss seeing you!

I am going off my predictions that I have already made. Some bands may be placed higher/lower than what everyone else is predicting but you just never know. 😉

1. Vandegrift

2. Vista Ridge

3. Rouse

4. Cedar Ridge

5. Leander

6. Westlake

7. Cedar Park

8. James Bowie

9. Hendrickson

10. Westwood

11. Round Rock

12. Weiss

------------

13. Dripping Springs

14. Brandeis 

15. Lake Travis

16. New Braunfels

17. Anderson

18. Chaparral (How come no one has been talking about this band?! They sound great!)

19. Harker Heights

20. Tom C. Clark

21. Burnet

22. Manor New Tech

23. John Marshall

24. Ann Richards

25. East View

26. Veterans Memorial

1.Cedar Park: Amazing design and performance from this band, this show is something special.
2.Cedar Ridge: WOW. One of the best shows i've seen from this program.
3.Vandegrift: Amazing performance from the kids both musically and visually, not my favorite show in terms of design.
4.Rouse: Haven't seen anything from them yet, but if they're anything like last year they may snag a medal.
5.Vista Ridge: This show is going to be dangerous to go against late season.
6.Leander
7.Westlake
8.Round Rock
9.James Bowie
10.Lake Travis
11.Dripping Springs
12.Weiss

12 minutes ago, J-Mike16 said:

I am going off my predictions that I have already made. Some bands may be placed higher/lower than what everyone else is predicting but you just never know. 😉

1. Vandegrift

2. Vista Ridge

3. Rouse

4. Cedar Ridge

5. Leander

6. Westlake

7. Cedar Park

8. James Bowie

9. Hendrickson

10. Westwood

11. Round Rock

12. Weiss

------------

13. Dripping Springs

14. Brandeis 

15. Lake Travis

16. New Braunfels

17. Anderson

18. Chaparral (How come no one has been talking about this band?! They sound great!)

19. Harker Heights

20. Tom C. Clark

21. Burnet

22. Manor New Tech

23. John Marshall

24. Ann Richards

25. East View

26. Veterans Memorial

Cedar Park in 7th? SEVENTH?!

I'm just kidding. An opinion is an opinion. That said, I would be VERY surprised to see Cedar Park out of the top 4. Actually, maybe the top 3. Vista could be up there, but I think Vista's excellent show will really be rewarded when the show is cleaner. But who knows! This contest is so fiercely competitive. There are several bands I haven't seen at all, and many more I haven't seen recently.

Just now, Rubisco said:

Cedar Park in 7th? SEVENTH?!

I'm just kidding. An opinion is an opinion. That said, I would be VERY surprised to see Cedar Park out of the top 4. Actually, maybe the top 3. Vista could be up there, but I think Vista's excellent show will really be rewarded when the show is cleaner. But who knows! This contest is so fiercely competitive. There are several bands I haven't seen at all, and many more I haven't seen recently.

You know 😂, the top 12 I picked is the same list used in the prediction game, and I made that list before I started watching some of the bands 😂. Soooo, I could've changed it up for this time around, however I like to be different so it's gonna stay like it is.

52 minutes ago, lost said:

With my full respect to Cedar Ridge, I don’t think there show is quite there yet as someone who’s seen it live. I just can’t see the GE judges rewarding much of what they have on the field at the moment, that will of course change later in the season I believe.

I feel like we must have seen different performances, they're definitely a strong medalist contender at this contest. They're creating a really full field scene visually, and are putting out clean sound like no one's business, pretty early in the season. It's definitely not a 100% certain medal, but they're closer than they've ever been this year. 

2 days out, here's my predictions:

1. Vandegrift (M/GE)
  2. Cedar Park (V)
  3. Vista Ridge
  4. Cedar Ridge
  5. Rouse
  6. Westlake
  7. Leander
  8. Round Rock
  9. James Bowie
  10. Hendrickson
  11. Westwood
  12. Lake Travis

Seen most of the bands, not all, but many of the videos I've seen are quite old now so definitely could see a lot of changes. Looking forward to a great competition!

On 9/21/2022 at 11:17 PM, FaultLineBlues said:

Adjudication Panel
Music - Chip Crotts, Glenn Fugett, Nola Jones, Greg Williams
Visual - Austin Greene, Greg Llacer, Deborah Torchia
Chief Judge - Richard Saucedo

Excellent panel for this show. Just having Saucedo and Crotts on a panel would be awesome. This panel is heavy, just like the entry list. 

i was just dropping in to comment on Vandy. they're outstanding, yet again. def a different music program for them, that's cool to hear them branching out. visual looks like it usually does except for the glow stick things. those'll look cool at night. dance team is gorgeous.

this'll be hard to top, even w/ the weird stopping point.

Just now, packwick said:

i was just dropping in to comment on Vandy. they're outstanding, yet again. def a different music program for them, that's cool to hear them branching out. visual looks like it usually does except for the glow stick things. those'll look cool at night. dance team is gorgeous.

this'll be hard to top, even w/ the weird stopping point.

The stopping point was a bit odd, i agree. BUT that just means that there's more show to come!