That would make me very sad. They could potentially be very successful here. I believe Weiss might be the first school ever to make a super regional finals before ever making it at a regular season regional. 

That would make me very sad. They could potentially be very successful here. I believe Weiss might be the first school ever to make a super regional finals before ever making it at a regular season regional. 

I agree completely.  I hope their calendar is correct and that they are still attending!  I really want to try and drive down for this contest.  Just to get the BOA juices flowing and see what the valley bands are up to!  Especially J B Alexander.  They are my new favorite band.  :)

I'll hopefully get to see the Weiss band when Leander plays them two weeks from tomorrow in our first football game.  We played them first last season as well, and it was so enjoyable.  The band kids were so supportive of each other's productions!

Westwood, Vista Ridge and Clements off the top of my head.

Definetely right about Westwood and Vista, I forgot about Vista making it at SA in 14. Clements made regional finals in Waco back in the 90s but it was a different time so your statement still pretty much holds true.

I agree completely. I hope their calendar is correct and that they are still attending! I really want to try and drive down for this contest. Just to get the BOA juices flowing and see what the valley bands are up to! Especially J B Alexander. They are my new favorite band. :)

I'll hopefully get to see the Weiss band when Leander plays them two weeks from tomorrow in our first football game. We played them first last season as well, and it was so enjoyable. The band kids were so supportive of each other's productions!

Could you think of them after you see Weiss next week. It would be cool to see what we're up against for other competitions since they won't be at McAllen anymore.

I think that San Benito and Pioneer can fit into the medal contention category

The only reason I didn't is because its a 5A year and Roma goes hard those years, hence putting them under them.

Yes, Pioneer is 5A too, but they have never been above Roma to my knowledge.

Prelims Schedule as of 8/26/2019

8:30 Birdville H.S., TX

8:45 Valley View H.S., TX

9:00 Winston Churchill H.S., TX

9:15 McAllen Memorial H.S., TX

9:30 BREAK

10:00 Edinburg North H.S., TX

10:15 Mission H.S., TX

10:30 Palmview H.S., TX

10:45 Pioneer H.S., TX

11:00 Santa Rosa H.S., TX

11:15 San Benito H.S., TX

11:30 Hidalgo Early College H.S., TX

11:45 LUNCH

12:45 Robert Vela H.S., TX

1:00 Rio Grande City H.S., TX

1:15 McAllen H.S., TX

1:30 Juarez-Lincoln H.S., TX

1:45 Roma H.S., TX

2:00 United H.S., TX

2:15 McNeil H.S., TX

2:30 BREAK

3:00 Economedes H.S., TX

3:15 John B. Alexander H.S., TX

3:30 Del Rio H.S., TX

3:45 Brazoswood H.S., TX

4:00 Sharyland H.S., TX

4:15 McAllen Nikki Rowe H.S., TX

4:45 Prelims Awards/ Announcement of Finalists

Didn't really have much to do yesterday and was in the Leander area so I decided to go watch the game, mostly just to watch the bands. And I've got to say Leander nor Weiss are playing around this year. So sad they dropped out of McAllen but it'll be interesting to see them at other comps.

Glad to have you at the game!

• 2 weeks later...