2019 BOA San Antonio

Thank you for the information. I had heard of that contest but didn’t realize it was hosted by Roosevelt. Do you know if CTJ, Churchill, Reagan or Madison have ever attended? I know there are a lot of Saturday games this year for NEISD. I hope they find a weekend for their contest.

CTJ attended in 2017 with their "Forrest through the Trees" show - it is out on YouTube. The 2019 Rough Rider is scheduled for October 5th 2019 and both Madison and MacArthur are on the schedule.

I believe that CTJ may have also attended in their early years in 2008-2010 to get the group experience - 

the Rough Rider has been around for 35 years - since 1983 - so I am sure that Reagan has attended in their early 80's years - it is close and inexpensive to attend and give the kids a learning experience.  

CTJ also attended the TMC in Austin in 2012 in Austin when it was a new competition. (swept) - but I do not believe they have returned since

2018 - 7 TX Competitions

2017 - 6 TX Competitions

2016/15 - 5 TX Competitions

2014/13 - 4 TX Competitions

2012 - 3 TX Competitions

Before then it jumped between 3 or 4 competitions depending on the year for at least a decade.

Despite 7 of them this past season, it's not as oversaturated as I originally thought, as 5 of them were all on or before the first weekend of October, opening up the next 4 weekends. McAllen and Midland also help those lesser known bands get better, and they along with Austin and early in the season.

I feel like Waco is really the BOA contest that oversaturated Texas. Probably the best positioned and best one, but local contests could never compete with it's caliber.

great points -

if we look at some of the programs that have been added in the past decade, - CTJ, Timber Creek, Vista Ridge, Weiss, Rouse, to name but a few - the number of players continues to grow - the playground needs to get bigger

CTJ attended in 2017 with their "Forrest through the Trees" show - it is out on YouTube. The 2019 Rough Rider is scheduled for October 5th 2019 and both Madison and MacArthur are on the schedule.

I believe that CTJ may have also attended in their early years in 2008-2010 to get the group experience -

the Rough Rider has been around for 35 years - since 1983 - so I am sure that Reagan has attended in their early 80's years - it is close and inexpensive to attend and give the kids a learning experience.

CTJ also attended the TMC in Austin in 2012 in Austin when it was a new competition. (swept) - but I do not believe they have returned since

Wait— how did you know Madison is attending rough rider in 2019? The lists aren’t on the website. The directors haven’t told us anything and probably won’t give any hints until we get closer to band banquet which is May 17th for us.

Wait— how did you know Madison is attending rough rider in 2019? The lists aren’t on the website. The directors haven’t told us anything and probably won’t give any hints until we get closer to band banquet which is May 17th for us.

:D  - I know you are way too young to know the Monty Python movies - but for those that are....  it is good to be the king"

Haha. “Oh I just can’t wait to be king”. I’ve made that comment before.

I want you to “be prepared” for our band this year. Just wait for the sound. That is what I’m most excited for so far, among other things that will be revealed after band banquet most likely. I swear if you know what I am talking about I will need to meet you in person.

Haha. “Oh I just can’t wait to be king”. I’ve made that comment before.

I want you to “be prepared” for our band this year. Just wait for the sound. That is what I’m most excited for so far, among other things that will be revealed after band banquet most likely. I swear if you know what I am talking about I will need to meet you in person.

waiting for the sound!! always a fan and cheering for the program - it is your senior year - give it everything you have - it is a time to shine

Interesting development in the fact that Vista Ridge no longer has BOA San Antonio on their calendar, instead having a "Bi-Week" on that Friday. Something else that is of interest is the fact that have added in 5A area and state onto their calendar. This would be a very out of the norm drop considering . Even my friends at VR don't know exactly what this means. Drop to 5A? Possible saving of money for a Nats trip? Only time will tell.

Interesting development in the fact that Vista Ridge no longer has BOA San Antonio on their calendar, instead having a "Bi-Week" on that Friday. Something else that is of interest is the fact that have added in 5A area and state onto their calendar. This would be a very out of the norm drop considering . Even my friends at VR don't know exactly what this means. Drop to 5A? Possible saving of money for a Nats trip? Only time will tell.

San Antonio is absolutely still on the calendar and there is no drop to 5A. It's not a realignment year.