2019 BOA San Antonio

Round Rock isn’t being mentioned either and I’m not quite ready to give up on them. It’ll be tough but not impossible for them to make finals in SA.

I agree. It will be a really good gauge on where they are. A top 20 at SA would really place them strongly in the finals hunt at GN, and a finals appearance would essentially put them as GN finals locks.

1 CTJ

2 Vista Ridge

3-4 Flower Mound and Hebron

5 Ronald Reagan

6-8 Leander Woodlands and Vandegrift

9-10 Keller and Cedar Park

11-21 Hendrickson James Bowie Oak Ridge Coppell LD Bell Cedar Ridge

Marcus Timber Creek Westlake Prosper and Cy Fair

22-25 Vista Murrieta North Shore Pearland and James E Taylor

Don’t underestimate Hebron and Flower Mound, some bands had more problems with rain last year than others in Texas. I see Hebron as a dark horse winner at SA and nationals. The only caveat to that in my opinion is what CTJ brings this year. It’ll be interesting to see if Vista Ridge can pull a repeat at finals this year. With completely new show writers, who knows?

Don’t underestimate Hebron and Flower Mound, some bands had more problems with rain last year than others in Texas. I see Hebron as a dark horse winner at SA and nationals. The only caveat to that in my opinion is what CTJ brings this year. It’ll be interesting to see if Vista Ridge can pull a repeat at finals this year. With completely new show writers, who knows?

Vista Ridge is tough to gauge right now. Was 2018 lightning in a bottle? Or will they start to consistently make finals level shows? One year is not enough information to make that call.

:)

I absolutely loved Round Rock's 2016 show Triptych. I want to say it's been their best executed show in terms of musical and visual cleanliness, and that beautiful Spartacus ballad gives me flash backs of... well you know what :D

That is my favorite Round Rock show and one of my favorite shows of all time. It was just such a well rounded (not a pun lol) production.

I saw Round Rock's show preview tonight. RR has taken the bull by the horns. They've had a complete change in their design team,working with people from Carolina Crown/Paramount winterguard/ Tarpon Springs. They have a new music arranger. I don't remember his name. I'm very excited for the potential of this show. It's called A Simple Gesture. They will use mime/gestures, though no particular story line. It looks to be a very theatrical production. Music from Pagliacci-Vesti La Giubba  ( I could hum it for you if I'm wrong).  Music from Cirque du Soleil and I'm not sure who else.

Rick Subel??  Crown/Paramount

What are your recommendations for the best seating in the Alamodome?  Two years ago we were front row of 312 and thought they were great seats.  Is it better going into the lower section?  We were there for semi's and they seemed OK at the time.  Hotel reservations in place, next come the tickets.  Kids are are alumni now so SA bound this year.  

What are your recommendations for the best seating in the Alamodome? Two years ago we were front row of 312 and thought they were great seats. Is it better going into the lower section? We were there for semi's and they seemed OK at the time. Hotel reservations in place, next come the tickets. Kids are are alumni now so SA bound this year.

I always buy the cheap seats way up high, then I immediately get back in the entrance line once we are dismissed from the prelims. I then sit in the line until they let us back in for finals and I RUN like a crazy person to sit on the main level in Section 112, directly in front of the judges box. They don’t sell seats on that level. It’s first come-first serve, so I try to get in line for finals as fast as I possibly can.

Good luck to Taft. With a "new" director leading them, I'm excited to see what direction they take. It feels weird because the freshmen from when I was a senior are the seniors now. Won't predict them higher than the 40-50 range unless I see some very pleasant surprises (I do know what Mr. Mills is capable of though so it's not impossible).

Nice to see other NISD bands as well. I wish good luck to all of them. Maybe this can be the year an NISD band breaks into finals.