2019 BOA San Antonio

Don’t leave! We love visitors from outside of Texas! :) And I personally can’t wait for VMHS to take the field in the Alamodome.

By the way, I’m in California at the moment. Such a beautiful state!

Visitors are good!

I'll also be in California next week, then taking a week to hit lots of National Parks in CA, UT, AZ, and NM on the way back.

Haha, I saw we were listed as 4A and said ...what?! but in all seriousness, I am so excited! I’ll get a video of our parent performance on Friday.

WHOOPS haha, fixed that error! I even got their class right in the description but I guess I wasn't thinking before that.

Visitors are good!

I'll also be in California next week, then taking a week to hit lots of National Parks in CA, UT, AZ, and NM on the way back.

We were just in North Lake Tahoe for the holiday weekend and we will be going to Yosemite in a few weeks. I’m staying in Chico with my 28 year old daughter for the next 3 weeks or so. She’s graduating from the California State Park Ranger academy on June 12. Then we move her to her park in the Redwood Forest over at Prairie View SP on the coast. I’m excited to explore Northern California for the next few weeks. I hope you enjoy your trip. It sounds amazing! Where are you going specifically?

We were just in North Lake Tahoe for the holiday weekend and we will be going to Yosemite in a few weeks. I’m staying in Chico with my 28 year old daughter for the next 3 weeks or so. She’s graduating from the California State Park Ranger academy on June 12. Then we move her to her park in the Redwood Forest over at Prairie View SP on the coast. I’m excited to explore Northern California for the next few weeks. I hope you enjoy your trip. It sounds amazing! Where are you going specifically?

One week in Palm Springs and visiting friends in Ontario, then Sequoia, Yosemite, Zion, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands, Petrified Forest, and Carlsbad Caverns National Parks are the current plan.

Well, this year marks the first year in a long time that Brandeis HS will not be attending BOA. I dont really know why but it could be because last year we beat other schools by many points at other contest and than got beat by those schools (by a substantial amount) at BOA. I like BOA but there is alot of controversy within their judging. Brandeis is by far headed for there best season yet next year but I'm a little sad that we will not be attending BOA SA

Stefen...the decision Brandeis made not to go to any BOA this year had nothing to do with judging. There is a long term plan. I know that doesn't ease the disappointment for you, but you are laying the groundwork for a new level of success. Good news though... You are going to 2 awesome contests!

Post Of The Year so far!!!

I've been talking with someone from Vista Murrieta a little bit and they've been saying they've taken every aspect of their show design and rehearsal techniques up a notch for this season. I fully expect to see something VERY special from them this year and they definitely have a great chance at making finals.

I've been talking with someone from Vista Murrieta a little bit and they've been saying they've taken every aspect of their show design and rehearsal techniques up a notch for this season. I fully expect to see something VERY special from them this year and they definitely have a great chance at making finals.

That’s very cool on so many levels. The fact that they’re coming to Texas first of all, but even more so that they feel the need to up their game. I can’t wait for this one.

• 3 weeks later...

That’s very cool on so many levels. The fact that they’re coming to Texas first of all, but even more so that they feel the need to up their game. I can’t wait for this one.

Yes, it's evident even from their social media. Their posts between last season and this season are much more driven and purposeful. Not to mention the many cool activities their student leadership has engaged in already...it's going to be awesome.

Umm  I don't have the patience to put this somewhere else right now but my chrome is acting really weird right now. For some reason a lot of the websites that I go to are taking to long to respond right now for some reason. This site only loads if I physically type "https://" in front of the url, and I have to do that for every page I visit. Someone please help me. I already reset chrome and it's still doing the same thing. My laptop is a 2013 model hp. Could there be something wrong with the laptop or is it google chrome?

Umm  I don't have the patience to put this somewhere else right now but my chrome is acting really weird right now. For some reason a lot of the websites that I go to are taking to long to respond right now for some reason. This site only loads if I physically type "https://" in front of the url, and I have to do that for every page I visit. Someone please help me. I already reset chrome and it's still doing the same thing. My laptop is a 2013 model hp. Could there be something wrong with the laptop or is it google chrome?

I'm not an IT guy, but it sounds to me like a DNS issue with your ISP. They happen from time to time, and isn't tied to your computer/browser. Another possibility is your router needs to be rebooted.

Of course, more knowledgeable people are around....

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the Vista Murrieta discussion. I truly hope they make finals if for no other reason than to see their colorguard perform twice. You guys are in for a real treat if you haven’t seen these kids in action. They are magical.

You sound like you have already seen them rehearsing somewhere lol. Did you see them during WGI or something?

You sound like you have already seen them rehearsing somewhere lol. Did you see them during WGI or something?

Yes I watched them on flomarching during WGI season and there are plenty of videos available as well. The truly fascinating thing about VM is that they start those kids SERIOUSLY performing in ELEMENTARY school. And those elementary kids are better than plenty of JV and some varsity guards in Texas. Blew my mind watching them.