6A Region Result Thread 2018

I can only report for Harker Heights  they received all 1's, Belton received a 1, Midway a 1, Killeen a 1, Ellison a 1, Shoemaker a 2, Waco HS a 2, Copperas Cove a 1, Temple a 1, The only band whose score I do not remember is Bryan HS.  I was at Region 8 competition yesterday. 

I'm a first time band mom, my other kids are choir kids, so I'm sorry I'm not more help

You have helped us more than you know!  Thanks!!!

Other scores according to UIL Forms:

AREA A

Region 1:

Tascosa - 1

Region 16:

Frenship - 1

Any reason Abilene is blank?

AREA E

Region 17:

All 6A's received 1's

AREA F

Region 10:

West Brook - 2

AREA G:

All 6A's in all regions received 1's

I believe Region 6 splits their contest into zones and the zone that Abilene is in has their contest on Monday night.

A quick primer on Area scheduling:

- Each Area determines how the Prelims scheduling or draw is done.

EXAMPLE: Area C does a pre-draw consisting of everyone competing at their Region contests.  As bands are eliminated, the schedule just shrinks down until Area Prelims is finalized.
EXAMPLE: Area D lets you draw for your performance time after your Region contest.  The Area Prelims schedule gets officially released as soon as the final Region completes their contest.  

A quick primer on Area scheduling:

- Each Area determines how the Prelims scheduling or draw is done.

EXAMPLE: Area C does a pre-draw consisting of everyone competing at their Region contests.  As bands are eliminated, the schedule just shrinks down until Area Prelims is finalized.

EXAMPLE: Area D lets you draw for your performance time after your Region contest.  The Area Prelims schedule gets officially released as soon as the final Region completes their contest.  

So, for this exhausted (but loving it) chaperone mom LOL, does this mean that after the last Region has their performance, our Area D directors will draw their performance time? I suppose it should be assumed that is what it means, but I'm being taught so much every week on our bus that sometimes I question my own name.

So, for this exhausted (but loving it) chaperone mom LOL, does this mean that after the last Region has their performance, our Area D directors will draw their performance time? I suppose it should be assumed that is what it means, but I'm being taught so much every week on our bus that sometimes I question my own name.

Haha!  Knowledge is power!

So Region 12 finished their contest on Saturday.  Afterwards, each of the Region 12 directors randomly drew their spot for Area Prelims this Saturday. 

Region 18 has not had their contest yet so they do not have their Area times.  They will draw those after their Region contest on Tuesday.

I was at Region 2 for the 6A bands yesterday.  FloMo had some technical issues with microphones (not surprising with the lack of field time all bands have had to deal with this year).  I still thought they brought a stunning show with complex music book and drill.

Hebron felt unfinished to me.  They sounded amazing but it seemed like they got to the time limit and stopped. They also had a tremendous music book.

Marcus, was, well Marcus.  They played very well.  From what I understand, their show is filled with easter eggs from the past 15 years of Mrs. Drinkwater. 

Although they are not Region 2, I hear that Coppell has an indoor practice facility with a full football field.  Is that true?  Does the band get to use it?  That would seem to be a huge advantage to them this year as most of the bands have had very limited field time.

Although they are not Region 2, I hear that Coppell has an indoor practice facility with a full football field.  Is that true?  Does the band get to use it?  That would seem to be a huge advantage to them this year as most of the bands have had very limited field time.

True.  The band does use it from time to time, but I am not sure how often they get to use it.

I was at Region 2 for the 6A bands yesterday.  FloMo had some technical issues with microphones (not surprising with the lack of field time all bands have had to deal with this year).  I still thought they brought a stunning show with complex music book and drill.

Hebron felt unfinished to me.  They sounded amazing but it seemed like they got to the time limit and stopped. They also had a tremendous music book.

Marcus, was, well Marcus.  They played very well.  From what I understand, their show is filled with easter eggs from the past 15 years of Mrs. Drinkwater. 

Yes - Coppell has an indoor field - it used to be used by the Dallas Cowboys - yes, the band has used it in the past - generally after the football team finishes practice

Other scores according to UIL Forms:

AREA A

Region 1:

Tascosa - 1

Region 16:

Frenship - 1

Any reason Abilene is blank?

AREA E

Region 17:

All 6A's received 1's

AREA F

Region 10:

West Brook - 2

AREA G:

All 6A's in all regions received 1's

Region 6 has not posted the results for the Eastern Zone Marching Contest at Abilene on the 20th. Abilene was the only 6A Band in that event. It should be posted later today  (Monday)