I will also add that I was extremely impressed with Lake Travis yesterday. It’s probably the best they’ve ever looked. They are getting great depth of sound. I also think that the show is very engaging and has some great touches to evoke Coco Chanel and Stravinsky. Plus they are including some Petrushka which is one of my faves.

I loved it too! I hate that we only have 3 spots for state in our Area.

Area Schedule:

10:00 Eagle Pass

10:15 Judson

10:30 Del Rio

10:45 Lake Travis

11:00 Warren

11:15 Clark

11:30 East Central

11:45 Brandeis

12:00 Westlake

12:15 Brennan

1:00 Leander

1:15 Steele

1:30 Stevens

1:45 O'Connor

2:00 Vandegrift

2:15 Taft

2:30 Vista Ridge

2:45 Marshall

3:00 Clemens

First Finals performance 6:30

Last Finals performance 8:00

Predictions:

1. Vista Ridge

2. Leander

3. Vandegrift

-----

4. Westlake

5. Lake Travis 

6. Brandeis

7. Warren

8. Del Rio

9. Stevens

10. Judson

11. Brennan

12. O’Connor 

13. Steele

14. Marshall

15. Taft

16. Clemens

17. Clark

18. Eagle Pass

19. East Central

I agree, I think the top three maybe in any order.  I wouldn't count out Westlake or Lake Travis making it to the top three but I think they are on the outside looking in.  It is a real bummer that that only three advance.

Predictions:

1. Vista Ridge

2. Leander

3. Vandegrift

-----

4. Westlake

5. Lake Travis 

6. Brandeis

7. Warren

8. Del Rio

9. Stevens

10. Judson

11. Brennan

12. O’Connor 

13. Steele

14. Marshall

15. Taft

16. Clemens

17. Clark

18. Eagle Pass

19. East Central

I can see Warren and Del Rio knocking Brandeis out of Finals.  Both of those groups have been very strong this year.

Yeah, they often get forgotten but they perform very well.  The city of Cedar Park often celebrates Cedar Park High school and never mentions when the other school in Cedar Park does well or even out performs them.

As a Cedar Park resident, I will say that is not the case. Cedar Park congratulated CPHS when they won state last year, but they don't acknowledge any school's non-UIL achievements as those are not as easy for the public to grasp or understand. They congratulated the Leander guard when they when the WGI worlds and kicked butt. 

As a Cedar Park resident, I will say that is not the case. Cedar Park congratulated CPHS when they won state last year, but they don't acknowledge any school's non-UIL achievements as those are not as easy for the public to grasp or understand. They congratulated the Leander guard when they when the WGI worlds and kicked butt. 

And when Vista Ridge, the only other Cedar Park school had UIL teams in the state finals there was no mention of Vista (Softball, Football, Basketball, Robotics).  When both teams were in the playoffs for Football they posted all about CPHS and nothing about Vista. 

Vista has done quite well in many UIL areas.  The funny thing is that the former mayor lives a block from me and is zoned for Vista.

Well, I am in the Brandeis band and I am well aware that we are going to BOA San Antonio and headed for greatness.

I haven't been lucky enough to see your show yet live this year and have only watched online.   I am very much looking forward to watching y'all Saturday in Prelims and Finals!  It's going to be a fun contest and all the bands will have to bring it big time to get one of the 3 spots.  I'm in for all day!

I haven't been lucky enough to see your show yet live this year and have only watched online. 

I am very much looking forward to watching y'all Saturday in Prelims and Finals!  It's going to be a fun contest and all the bands will have to bring it big time to get one of the 3 spots.  I'm in for all day!

Thank you for coming out and supporting bro it means more than you know

Finalist Prediction:

1. Vandegrift

2. Vista Ridge

3. Leander

———————

4. Westlake

5. Lake Travis

6. Brandeis

7. Warren

I cant really see anyone but Westlake dropping any of the LISD trio. The bottom half could go any way though.

Has anyone seen Westlake this season?

Has anyone seen Westlake this season?

I saw them at UIL last Saturday. They had a great show with an interesting huge white ball on the field with a person hidden inside that rolled all over the place. I don’t think they’ll take top 3 unless one of the Leander bands has a bad run. I also see Lake Travis ahead of them this season. Love LTs show!

I saw them at UIL last Saturday. They had a great show with an interesting huge white ball on the field with a person hidden inside that rolled all over the place. I don’t think they’ll take top 3 unless one of the Leander bands has a bad run. I also see Lake Travis ahead of them this season. Love LTs show!

I agree, LT has really stepped it up this year and has a great show, really enjoyed watching them at Region 32 UIL.  I believe it's the best I have seen them do in the past 4 years watching them.