BOA Dallas/Ft Worth

Hebron is a lock for 1st imo, it really shouldn’t be a debate. 2nd and 3rd place could either be Flomo/ Keller, and from there on (in no order) Cedar Park, LD bell, Timber Creek, Waxahachie, Coppell, Central, and Wylie. Wylie is slept on big time, they made the top 3 at BOA West Texas along with Coppell and Timber Creek.

I think Keller may have read this and said, "Game on."   I think everything is up for debate at any given event.  Okay...not everything, but I can't recall any event where there weren't unexpected surprises in both directions.  

I think your predictions are great, but I do think that some of the performances are leaving a tiny opening for some surprises.  

As far as opinions go, I know some people get very upset when someone doesn't love their show or has things they feel need to be improved.  Obviously every single kid out there is giving their heart and soul.  I think, however, I would rather hear debate about the show our band is doing rather than never hearing it mentioned at all.  I sometimes feel bad for bands who work hard and have great shows but never even make the radar on here.  

So here's to the underdogs because they all deserve to be recognized for their hard work.  That being said, who doesn't hold their breath during finalist announcements and awards?  I know I do no matter what the predictions!  

Speak to me, LeanderMomma.......  I keep refreshing waiting to hear thoughts.   I'm not an expert but I heard a clarinet solo that I think wasn't intended to be completely alone...... 

But I also heard a vocal that may have come across different on FloMarching.  I hope I was just getting bad sound on this end.  Stranger things have happened.  

Speak to me, LeanderMomma....... I keep refreshing waiting to hear thoughts. I'm not an expert but I heard a clarinet solo that I think wasn't intended to be completely alone......

But I also heard a vocal that may have come across different on FloMarching. I hope I was just getting bad sound on this end. Stranger things have happened.

A clarinet forgot to turn their mic off for the first third to half of the show. VERY distracting. The trumpet solo was also a bit weak. I honestly didn't feel like it was the best run. I'm praying finals will go MUCH better for them so I can have a better feel for what I know is a simply phenomenal band. I'll just have to wait. I was too distracted.

I would also like to say that I love a band who likely knows they won't make finals but proudly shows up to the awards regardless.  I know there are reasons that bands have to leave sometimes, but there were several today who didn't stay and some to go to other competition events.  I always have mixed feelings about that.

Prelims

4A - Outstanding General Effect - Flower Mound
4A - Outstanding Visual Performance - Flower Mound
4A - Outstanding Music Performance - Hebron

3A - Outstanding General Effect - Cedar Park
3A - Outstanding Visual Performance - Cedar Park
3A - Outstanding Music Performance - Cedar Park

2A - Outstanding Music Performance - Forney
2A - Outstanding Visual Performance - Forney
2A - Outstanding General Effect - Forney

1A - Outstanding Music Performance - Krum
1A - Outstanding Visual Performance - Krum
1A - Outstanding General Effect - Krum

1A - 1st - Krum

2A - 3rd - Everman
2A - 2nd - Celina
2A - 1st - Forney

3A - 3rd - Wakeland
3A - 3rd - Wakeland
3A - 1st - Cedar Park

4A - 3rd - Keller
4A - 2nd - Hebron
4A - 1st - Flower Mound

A clarinet forgot to turn their mic off for the first third to half of the show. VERY distracting. The trumpet solo was also a bit weak. I honestly didn't feel like it was the best run. I'm praying finals will go MUCH better for them so I can have a better feel for what I know is a simply phenomenal band. I'll just have to wait. I was too distracted.

Actually the problem may have only been detectable on the FloMarching broadcast. Someone said the problem was that the clarinet mic was on the same frequency as FloMarching. Hopefully Flo (or Hebron) will fix that before finals!

Recapping Prelims Results:

AAAA - Music - Hebron

AAAA - Visual - Flower Mound

AAAA - GE - Flower Mound

1st - Flower Mound

2nd - Hebron

3rd - Keller

AAA - Music - Cedar Park

AAA - Visual - Cedar Park

AAA - GE - Cedar Park

1st - Cedar Park

2nd - Waxahachie

3rd - Wakeland

AA - Music - Forney

AA - Visual - Forney

AA - GE - Forney

1st - Forney

2nd - Celina

3rd - Everman

A - Music - Krum

A - Visual - Krum

A - GE - Krum

1st - Krum

Finalists (random order):

• Hebron

• Prosper

• Union

• Timber Creek

• Cedar Park

• Wakeland

• Flower Mound

• Keller

• Waxahachie

• LD Bell

Whoa.....no Coppell?  Wow.  By all accounts they had an amazing show today!  I had to eat crow for saying I wasn't always as impressed as others with them, and I stand by eating that crow with the show they put out there today.  I think they did way better than some who got class awards. 

To add insult to injury, that allowed Wakeland to slip into the top 10.  I figured either Wakeland or Waxahachie would make it, but if you had told me both, I would have picked someone besides Coppell to be out based on performances today.  I'm totally baffled by some of the class awards.  To me it feels like there's always some reputational bias at work sometimes.  I hate to think that, but if I am seeing obvious mistakes and find them distracting, then I wouldn't expect to see such high placements by some.  

Again...just my 2 cents.  I'm not a judge, which is probably a good thing!

Finalist Schedule

7:45 p.m. - Exhibition: Krum H.S., TX

8:00 p.m. - Wakeland H.S., TX

8:15 p.m. - Prosper H.S., TX

8:30 p.m. - Timber Creek H.S., TX

8:45 p.m. - Union H.S., OK

9:00 p.m. - Waxahachie H.S., TX

9:15 p.m. - Cedar Park H.S., TX

9:30 p.m. - L.D. Bell H.S., TX

9:45 p.m. - Flower Mound H.S., TX

10:00 p.m. - Keller H.S., TX

10:15 p.m. - Hebron H.S., TX