BOA Dallas/Ft Worth

Why does everyone think Prosper will make finals? They have no chance.

With all due respect, as a Keller alum I would request that you be careful what you say about other programs. Your comments about Prosper could come across negatively and reflect poorly on Keller as a whole.

I do believe that prosper will be in finals this weekend. I would bet that they probably have more than 4 mins on the field but chose to only perform what they could do well at HEB. Remember with them planning a GN trip, they're going to develop their show a little more slowly than the rest of TX.

How many years has it been since Cedar Park missed Finals at any contest?

If I am remembering correctly, I think it was 5A State in 2006 which was a bit of a blip.  I adored that Shostakovich show (incredible woodwind run during the closer while the brass was faced backfield playing the Fire of Eternal glory melody over the top of it). They had done pretty well that season, including 8th in finals of BOA SA, but they had a very early prelims time and probably the worst run of their season that morning. They ended up around 20th.  Consistent lofty trajectory since then.

ouch.  

While I will agree that there has been an insane amount of possibly inflated build up out there from the Prosper fans, I wouldn't say that they have "no chance" to make finals in Dallas.  There's often a surprise band that makes finals, and Prosper wouldn't exactly be a surprise at this point.  

I’m gonna come out and say that I am backing THAT Wylie band to make finals. They had a strong showing at San Antonio placing 22nd right before Coppell and TC. A video I saw early this season hinted that they are not backing down!

I really like the visual direction they’re going this year, I expect Wylie to be doing very good things for the future.

I see a lot of people have Trinity not making top 10 at BOA DFW. Just wondering why. They made the trip to Atlanta last year and going to Indy Super Regional this year. I love their music I just feel like visuals are what holding them back but even with that I think they have a strong show that could surprise ppl(at least what I saw at HEB)

I see a lot of people have Trinity not making top 10 at BOA DFW. Just wondering why. They made the trip to Atlanta last year and going to Indy Super Regional this year. I love their music I just feel like visuals are what holding them back but even with that I think they have a strong show that could surprise ppl(at least what I saw at HEB)

It not because they are bad. Cause i was suprised by them Saturday. It more because the other groups are really good and they just aren’t in that same level as group like prosper . And Hebron and so on

Are we supposed to have already forgotten you said this a couple days ago?

WATCH OUT. Prosper was scary good at HEB today. They have a shot at Top 5 BOA DFW

This is starting to look more like a troll account than someone with 16 years as a band parent and a kid in the Keller program, as they claimed in another post.

Are we supposed to have already forgotten you said this a couple days ago?

This is starting to look more like a troll account than someone with 16 years as a band parent and a kid in the Keller program, as they claimed in another post.

That’s what I assumed too. Their online etiquette is disgusting and does not meet the standards of such a respectable program.

predictions from someone who hasn't been following the season currently as much as years past along w/ some analysis. I was a marcher myself and love and respect all bands and marching members, and I mean no hate <3:

1-3 (No order):

Hebron

Flower Mound

Keller

I feel like this right here is pretty obvious. Keller had a great showing at HEB, and Hebron and Flower Mound (although I haven't seen their shows) are not likely to fall out of the top 3, given their extreme success the past few years.

4-9 (No Order):

Cedar Park

Prosper

Waxahachie

Wakeland

Timber Creek

Union

This is where it starts to get a little extremely tricky.

• Don't know if I really have to justify Cedar Park being in this range. Easily a mid-finals lock, although their placement and being 3 points behind James Bowie is a bit troublesome. Didn't catch their performance - did they have a rough run or is their show just in its early stages of development? Either way - be on the lookout for them.
  • Prosper also had a great showing at HEB. They were a semi-finalist at GNats - which, given the depth of every competition last year, isn't something to ignore anymore. I could see them dropping quite a lot if they don't add more in, as those penalties will really add up, but I don't see them out of finals.
  • Waxahachie has been such a sleeper the past few years - BOA Regional Finals, doing great at other competitions... I honestly can't imagine them out of this range.
  • Wakeland as well - they lost a little momentum in 2016, but came back with a solid show and a solid BOA DFW placement last year.
  • Timber Creek. Another sleeper! Don't know why they keep getting discounted. They beat Coppell by a very solid margin at BOA Midland, which is the best head-to-head we have between any of the bands on the list (as far as I can tell) due to it being BOA. They did great last year, and I will be shocked if they don't make it in this range at finals - admittedly, I think they'll tend more toward the bottom. Also, their early performance time could screw them. It happens every. year.
  • Union I'm admittedly the most unfamiliar with. Generally, BOA competitions aren't too favorable for people outside their home turf, so to speak. And travelling is hard on kids! And, from what I gather, their show this year is a bit weaker than years past. Obviously they're a big name in Oklahoma and Grand Nats, and it pains to put them low for me, but again: I know very little about them. Also again: i'm dumb and predictions are all but meaningless anyways (prove me wrong).

10:

LD Bell

Keller Central

Coppell

This is probably the hardest tier to look at right now - the bottom bubble. Three solid programs that all have multiple finalist experience, but just aren't at the level as the others as far as I can tell.

• LD Bell has been up and down the past few years. We all know what happened 2014. Then they seemed to rebound with a beautiful show 2015. Then... it's been kinda stagnant. They usually do pretty well early season, but from what I've seen / heard about this show, it could go either way. I don't see them breaking into the higher tiers at this point, but I'm just a dummy with a computer.
  • Keller Central has been a solid contender at BOA regionals for the past few years. I'm personally not a fan of their shows, but you can't deny that they have grabbed modern show design and really, really run with it. BOA really likes that - and it helps that they perform the crap out of their shows. Same thing as Bell - they could break into a higher spot, but I personally don't see it happening.
  • Coppell. They're one of the few bands where the director posts almost every performance they have. I fully expected them to up Timber Creek at Midland, I'm not gonna lie. I loved their 2016 show and was shocked when it scored so low at BOA. I loved their 2017 show even more and was equally shocked when it scored so low. I'm not in love with this show. It's much, much cleaner than years past so early, but the design concept for me is NOT pushing through. They always add a ton in later on, but it's gonna hurt them if they don't find their momentum early this year. I could see them squeaking by in the last two spots at finals, but honestly, this regional is, as always, insanely, absurdly, stacked. The depth in Texas is like no else.

Good luck to any and all performers reading this! Go kill it on Saturday and have a blast.

1. Hebron

2. Flowermound

3. Keller

4. Cedar Park

5. Prosper

6. Timber Creek

7. LD Bell

8. Union

9. Coppell

10. Wakeland

GE: Hebron

Visual: Flowermound

Music: Hebron

I would say that it would be close between 4-7 and could be changed a lot. Also, I can probably swap Coppell, Union and Wakeland if needed. I don't see KC or Waxa sneaking in this year, but a shock is always possible.

Can i get a prediction from someone who has actually seen at least some of bands perform and is not soley basing it off of previous years

I’ve seen a pretty good chunk of them perform (everything I could find off youtube / everything I could catch on stream). This is many bands’ first contest of the year, or at least their first high profile contest of the year.

I saw Keller and LD Bell back to back at HEB. I know LD Bell has had their entire show out there and performance ready for a long time now (I think I saw a video of them in full uniform performing their full show back at the end of August? Maybe it was early September?). According to another poster, Keller’s second full performance of their show was at HEB prelims. From what I saw, Keller is surprisingly put together for this point in their season and has a better chance than ever to top Bell. However, historically Bell has placed above Keller at this competition.

Can i get a prediction from someone who has actually seen at least some of bands perform and is not soley basing it off of previous years

Sure mikeflight,

1. Hebron*

2. Keller*/Flower Mound

3. Flower Mound/Keller*

4. Cedar Park

5. Prosper*

6. LD Bell*

7. Union

8. Timber Creek/Waxahachie*

9. Timber Creek/Waxahachie*/Wakeland*/Wylie

10. Wakeland*/Wylie/Martin/Duncanville/Keller Central*/Trinity*/I'm sure a few others could get in

I put an asterisk by the ones I've seen.

Of course we haven't seen all of the shows yet, but we can to a certain extent rely on past traditions and scores to predict how a band places in the future. This doesn't mean that a band can't rise up and surprise or that others can't fall from previous places, but we have a tendency to predict based on what bands have produced in years past (for the shows we haven't seen yet). That's why predictions should be taken with a grain of salt.

1. Hebron

2. Flower Mound

3. Keller

4. Union

5. Cedar Park

6. LD Bell

7. Keller Central

8. Coppell/Timber

9. Timber/Coppell

10. Waxa/Wylie/Duncanville

Is Wylie or Keller Central really better than Prosper? I mean I could see the rest but I don’t understand how you could have them ahead of prosper after a strong showing at HEB