2018 BOA San Antonio?

I know that UIL and BOA are very different, but based off of the recent performances and results at area yesterday, specifically Area H (*ahem* Vista Ridge), are there any new predictions or opinions for San Antonio?

If anything, yesterday’s results made things even more confusing and crazier for this weekend.

I think over the past few years we have seen crazy and even shocking area results that do not correlate to this competition so I would say anything can happen for sure. Look at the 2016 Woodlands, barely advanced to state in their Area but ended up taking 2nd overall at this competition and even beat Flower Mound in GE during prelims.

If anything, yesterday’s results made things even more confusing and crazier for this weekend.

Honestly I tend to throw out area results in terms of order in the context of trying to predict San Antonio. They rarely ever correlate to San Antonio scores, more times than not being wildly different. I still remember when myself and 90% of these forums wrote off the woodlands for a 10-14 finish in 16 after Northshore beat them at area, and we all know how San Antonio went that year. Or when Bell failed to advance in 14 but still made a fairly strong showing at SA. That being said I see Vista placing in the top half, but I would have said that regardless of area results.

I’m not ready to say Vista Ridge medals but I would be far from mad about it if they did.

I think it’s Reagan, CTJ, and TWHS for the podium here. I do expect LISD-North and LISD-South to round out the top 7, with one of the five to end up 8th. I think FloMo, Leander, and Vista Ridge have the best chances to break into the top 3.

I'll take a crack at it

1. Reagan

2. Hebron

3. CTJ

4. Flower Mound

5. Vista Ridge

6. The Woodlands

7. Leander

8. Cedar Park

9. Vandegrift

10. Cedar Ridge

11. Bowie

12. Hendrickson

13. Keller

14. Marcus

15. Seven Lakes

16. LD Bell

17. Round Rock

18. Pearland

19. Westwood

20. Haltom

21. Prosper

22. Coppell

23. Churchill

24. Timber Creek

25. Westlake

26. Oak Ridge

27. Rouse

28. Weiss

29. JET

30. Wylie

I’m gonna try

1. Reagan

2.flomo

3. Hebron

4. Ctj

5. Woodland

6. Vista ridge

7. Vandergrift

8. Keller

9. Leander

10. Bowie

11. Cedar park

12. Henderickson

13. Haltom

14. LD Bell

15. Marcus

16. Cedar ridge

17. Prosper

18. Round rock

19. Timber creek

20. Seven lakes

My opinion

What makes you say Haltom makes finals?

Out of all bands last night . Bell and haltom had two out of the three most boa shows I’ve seen. With both group the GE. Is out the window. Do I think them or bell will make finals idk but I wouldn’t be suprised .

"Out of all the bands last night..." at Area B. FTFY

While Area B is a significant pond, BOA SA is a much larger lake.

Area B was extremely interesting. I'd say that Waxahachie was a surprise, and nobody expected Bell to place as low as they did (you have to feel for those kids). Furthermore, bands like Coppell and Duncanville are favored much more in UIL than BOA. I was surprised to see Haltom and Bell fairly low, and see perhaps Prosper and Coppell overtake them at BOA SA, especially because Prosper, Coppell, and Haltom go right after each other. 

Area B was extremely interesting. I'd say that Waxahachie was a surprise, and nobody expected Bell to place as low as they did (you have to feel for those kids). Furthermore, bands like Coppell and Duncanville are favored much more in UIL than BOA. I was surprised to see Haltom and Bell fairly low, and see perhaps Prosper and Coppell overtake them at BOA SA, especially because Prosper, Coppell, and Haltom go right after each other. 

I think there is a band in that area whose initials are TC that would have a little something to say about that... Although their BOA contest count is less than that of UIL, they have already had more success in those types of contests. Two regional medals (Bronze and Gold), four regional top 10 finishes, and two Super Regional appearances, with one of those being a top 20 finish. All of that in the last four years. They have a tough task ahead of them with their panel placement, performance time, etc., but I think they are probably tired of being an afterthought. Expect them to come in with a chip on their shoulder.