UIL 6A 2023 State Finals

LeanderMomma

2 hours ago, BandFan95 said:

As a contest announcer, BLAME THE BAND! ;)

We follow the script. The script has us start the announcement 45 seconds before their 8 minute timer starts. If the band starts playing, we still have to talk at 8 minutes before. 

It's my understanding that different competitions (UIL, BoA, etc) have different lengths and timings for shows. So bands have one show that will conform to all the different times. They start "early" with the understanding that the portion of the show that happens before the official clock starts isn't judged. And that's why the beginning of the show that starts before/during the announcements is pretty low key - more artistic than lots of marching and music. The real meat and potatoes of the show doesn't start until official time begins. Vandegrift's shows are a good example of this. 

Vista Ridge HS-

HELLO VISTA RIDGE! This is my first time seeing them this year, and I have to say, the visuals are FANTASTIC! The music is really nice, and the balance throughout the band is epic! The opener caught me off guard, and that is a good thing! The Ballad is beautiful! Playing Through the Fire and Flames in the Final part?!? YES PLEASE! Thank you Vista Ridge for the amazing performance! I truly believe we have witnessed a possible State Winning run!