TxBands 2023 Predictions!

1 hour ago, Online Marcher said:

Hey I filled out a prediction thing a while ago for the Lone Star Preview but I haven't seen it on the predictions page. Did yall get it or do I need to make another one?

So this is the perfect time to explain the process. Instead of immediately accepting/declining events as soon as they come in, I am waiting till the week of (Around the Sunday/Monday of that new week) to then concentrate on the new group of events. This has led to multiple individuals filling out the same competitions over and over again. For example, I had 12 "BOA Katy's" waiting, and several were from 1 person. It is always best to wait to submit a contest until it is 100% confirmed on which bands are going or not. That also applies to when predicting. If I have to adjust an event, then everyone is given the option to re-predict which could be frustrating to do. 

So, to really answer your question, I did get it (most likely with others as well) and I will be accepting one of them either Sunday or Monday. 

Hopefully you understand. Have fun predicting!

16 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:

So this is the perfect time to explain the process. Instead of immediately accepting/declining events as soon as they come in, I am waiting till the week of (Around the Sunday/Monday of that new week) to then concentrate on the new group of events. This has led to multiple individuals filling out the same competitions over and over again. For example, I had 12 "BOA Katy's" waiting, and several were from 1 person. It is always best to wait to submit a contest until it is 100% confirmed on which bands are going or not. That also applies to when predicting. If I have to adjust an event, then everyone is given the option to re-predict which could be frustrating to do. 

So, to really answer your question, I did get it (most likely with others as well) and I will be accepting one of them either Sunday or Monday. 

Hopefully you understand. Have fun predicting!

Oh okay that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for clearing that up👍

Hey yall! We are making our way into the start of the Prestigious UIL Process of the season, and I just wanted to make this statement. Any Regional events that get submitted will get declined as Region is not a competition between other bands. It should get renamed to UIL Regional Evaluation. Now come Area, that is where the actual competition will start. 

Thanks for understanding and have a wonderful Monday!

Oh! I almost forgot, if any of yall know/have the results for the following contests, please share them!

• Seguin Marching Festival (September 23rd)
  • Cypress Marching Showcase (September 30th)
  • Mesquite Marching Festival (September 30th)

I'm having the hardest time finding any sorts of results from these 3 events.

9 hours ago, Clarinot said:

Sorry for this, I am working on a couple site fixes. As you likely have seen we've been getting slammed with a lot of spam on the forums lately so I've been working on a couple fixes to resolve that and overall site stability - things should be returning to normal now!

Thanks so much, looks like the preds are now fixed!!

• 2 weeks later...