2023 Texas Marching Classic (Oct. 14)

LeanderMomma

On 10/4/2023 at 12:57 PM, BaritoneBallah said:

i'm not too informed on our 11-15th place contenders but i think austin has a decent shot because of the lineup this year. 

Austin high finished behind Anderson and way behind McNeil and Dripping Springs at Capital City music festival.  So unfortunately I would say Austin has really long odds of making finals.

https://www.capitalcitymarching.org/competition/results/

19 hours ago, bchorn said:

Austin high finished behind Anderson and way behind McNeil and Dripping Springs at Capital City music festival.  So unfortunately I would say Austin has really long odds of making finals.

https://www.capitalcitymarching.org/competition/results/

after cap city and vista ridge, i'm going to revise my 11th place to McNeil and 12th to Anderson. 

I'm interested to see Rouse and Vandergrift go head to head against each other.  Not to take anything away from Rouse but when I saw Vandergrift was performing first in the top 6 block (and therefore likely to get slightly lower scores) I wondered if that would have an impact on their final score.  And when you consider that Rouse performed last in the top 6 block (and therefore likely to get slightly better scores) and how close the two scores were, you wonder if there was an impact there.  

Just now, pancake said:

1. Vandegrift (mus, vis, ge, perc, aux)

2. Rouse

3. Cedar Park

4. Round Rock

5. Leander

6. westlake

7. dripping springs

8. lake travis

9. Brandies

10. McNeil

11. M&G

12. glenn

From what I saw tonight

1. Rouse (mus, ge)

2. Vandegrift (perc, aux)

3. Cedar Park

4. Westlake

5. Round Rock

6. Leander

7. dripping springs

8. lake travis

9. Brandies

10. M&G

11. McNeil

12. glenn

24 minutes ago, MikeKyu said:

From what I saw tonight

1. Rouse (mus, ge)

2. Vandegrift (perc, aux)

3. Cedar Park

4. Westlake

5. Round Rock

6. Leander

7. dripping springs

8. lake travis

9. Brandies

10. M&G

11. McNeil

12. glenn

Wouldn’t be surprised if rouse sweep, Vandegrift pretty mid 

1. Rouse (sweep)

2. Cedar Park

3. Vandegrift 

4. Round Rock 

5. Westlake 

6. Lake Travis 

7. Leander 

8. Brandies

9. Lake Travis

10. Mcneil

11. Glenn 

12. M&G

2 minutes ago, BandKidR23 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if rouse sweep, Vandegrift pretty mid 

1. Rouse (sweep)

2. Cedar Park

3. Vandegrift 

4. Round Rock 

5. Westlake 

6. Lake Travis 

7. Leander 

8. Brandies

9. Lake Travis

10. Mcneil

11. Glenn 

12. M&G

I do not see a Rouse sweep.... Vandy's front ensemble and guard are way too strong for that happen. 

5 hours ago, MikeKyu said:

There was no impact. Rouse won the day. They were clean, balanced, and engaging. At TMC, after watching Region 32 tonight. I believe that Rouse will once again win the day. They are performing at an exceptional level right now. The big fight is going to be between Cedar Park and Vandegrift. 

Rouse was definitely good.  In fact, I liked their show the best.  I'm just pointing out that they beat Vandy...who was also really good...by a razor thin margin (0.15 points).  Last three winning margins were 0.6 (2022), 0.25 (2021), and 1.45 (2019).  

Predictions:

1. Vandy
2. Rouse
3. Cedar Park
4. Round Rock
5. Westlake
6. Lake Travis
7. Leander
8. Drip
9. M&G Johnson
10. McNeil
11. Brandeis
12. Glenn

The bottom half is give or take. There aren't as many bands going this weekend as I thought. I'll be getting there after the eclipse. I hope it looks super cool at the KRAC! 

26 minutes ago, FaultLineBlues said:

Just out of curiosity, what does the R in your username stand for? 🤔 Is it Rouse perchance? 

I was just thinking the same thing. Would hate for this account to be a Rouse student coming on here calling vandegrift "mid". Those directors in that district have built of such a supportive community for eachother that I'm sure the directors at Rouse wouldn't be happy if this was indeed a student of theirs.

4 hours ago, DallasFan said:

I was just thinking the same thing. Would hate for this account to be a Rouse student coming on here calling vandegrift "mid". Those directors in that district have built of such a supportive community for eachother that I'm sure the directors at Rouse wouldn't be happy if this was indeed a student of theirs.

Reading BandKidRack23's posts, there seems to be quite a bit of hate for Vandy on almost every post this kid has made since Sept 24th when they joined. I hope you're right and they aren't a Rouse kiddo.

1 hour ago, BandKidRack23 said:

Not from rouse and i apologize if it came across as such, just a big fan of them 

Understandable, Rouse has a great production this year and is performing at a high level. No need to tear others down to acknowledge that. Besides it actually deludes Rouse' accomplishments if you say a group they beat is no good!