2023 Texas Marching Classic (Oct. 14)

LeanderMomma

12 hours ago, MikeKyu said:

Videos are still uploading....  

Here's the playlist of all bands finals performances with the exception of Lake Travis (it's a mess on my end)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCGnY0AX0zIcQe0OkAhj1uCn7Q23tBWCb

I also found this video of Cedar Ridge's exhibition! I'm still on the search for a Lake Travis recording to complete the collection! 

Thank you for your recordings! Archiving performances is something I think is super important. 

2 hours ago, BandKidRack23 said:

That point gap seems too big, rouse beat vandegrift at austin

So I pointed something out about BOA Austin that I think people overlooked.

Some judges are hestitant to give out big scores earlier in finals than later.  This is why the lower block of finals performs first and then the higher block performs second.  The same is true within a block as well.

Vandy performed 1st in the upper block at BOA Austin finals...and Rouse performed last in the upper block.  And think this performance order hurt Vandy (but only a little) and helped Rouse (but only a little).  And the result was an extremely narrow win by Rouse.

On 10/11/2023 at 8:42 PM, bchorn said:

I'm interested to see Rouse and Vandergrift go head to head against each other.  Not to take anything away from Rouse but when I saw Vandergrift was performing first in the top 6 block (and therefore likely to get slightly lower scores) I wondered if that would have an impact on their final score.  And when you consider that Rouse performed last in the top 6 block (and therefore likely to get slightly better scores) and how close the two scores were, you wonder if there was an impact there.  

And if you look at BOA Austin prelim results from earlier that day, you see that Vandy had a 1.45 lead over Rouse.

https://marching.musicforall.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2023/09/Austin-Prelims-1.pdf

Hey y'all! I just joined and thanks a lot for those videos and recaps. I couldn't find those recaps anywhere, so you just saved me hours of searching. I got insider info for Lake Travis. Turns out, there was a video, wes rowe recorded it, but, apparently, it's private, and only LT band kids and families can watch it and aren't supposed to share it with anyone. So annoying right? I really want to see their show again! Especially with such improvement from last year! 11th to 5th? Insane! And Vandy making such a comeback this contest to get back to first. But, then again, Rouse only won by .150 points at boa Austin this year though.

4 minutes ago, BestXylo5 said:

Hey y'all! I just joined and thanks a lot for those videos and recaps. I couldn't find those recaps anywhere, so you just saved me hours of searching. I got insider info for Lake Travis. Turns out, there was a video, wes rowe recorded it, but, apparently, it's private, and only LT band kids and families can watch it and aren't supposed to share it with anyone. So annoying right? I really want to see their show again! Especially with such improvement from last year! 11th to 5th? Insane! And Vandy making such a comeback this contest to get back to first. But, then again, Rouse only won by .150 points at boa Austin this year though.

And, lake travis percussion trailing vandy by only 20 points? Insane compared to everyone else

1 hour ago, bchorn said:

Some judges are hestitant to give out big scores earlier in finals than later.

hmmm judges are actually able to go back and change earlier scores in comp suite so i don't think this is as much of an issue these days.

1 hour ago, bchorn said:

Vandy performed 1st in the upper block at BOA Austin finals...and Rouse performed last in the upper block.  And think this performance order hurt Vandy (but only a little) and helped Rouse (but only a little).  And the result was an extremely narrow win by Rouse.

ehhhh if a judge can't remember who the best band was after just 6 bands, or even just 12, they prooooobably shouldn't be judging lol. don't think that was the case here. i think the upstairs vis judges at Austin just really liked Rouse.

thaaat said i personally would have had vandy over rouse at BOA Austin, so i view this contest result as more of a "correction" of sorts, as fab as rouse is this season.