2023 Texas Marching Classic (Oct. 14)

LeanderMomma

2 minutes ago, FEDude said:

Wow, that was not close at all! This is Secret World level dominance. I will say, I didn't enjoy Vandegrift's show much at UIL. Tonight they pulled out all the stops and the show was a million times more enjoyable. It's a wonderful show.

Cedar Park's show is my personal favorite of the season. It's my dark horse to win state.

I got to sit next to some Rouse parents. They were so supportive of the other bands in their district and were so excited to be "on the map" in terms of national rankings. It's a gorgeous show everyone needs to see in person.

Edit: I guess calling the reigning champion a dark horse is pretty dumb. Oh well!

I would hardly call Cedar Park a dark horse to win state. They’re defending a 3x title and somehow they always pull it off at the very last minute no matter what. They’re in my opinion the safest bet for the state title right now.

2 minutes ago, FEDude said:

Wow, that was not close at all! This is Secret World level dominance. I will say, I didn't enjoy Vandegrift's show much at UIL. Tonight they pulled out all the stops and the show was a million times more enjoyable. It's a wonderful show.

Cedar Park's show is my personal favorite of the season. It's my dark horse to win state.

I got to sit next to some Rouse parents. They were so supportive of the other bands in their district and were so excited to be "on the map" in terms of national rankings. It's a gorgeous show everyone needs to see in person.

Edit: I guess calling the reigning champion a dark horse is pretty dumb. Oh well!

That’s so sweet, I love how the programs of LISD make it a point to always support and cheer each other on

13 minutes ago, TXguy512 said:

Gg to all bands tonight! So proud of our Leander ISD bands! Can’t wait for BoA SA. 

My personal top 3 tonight: 1. Rouse, 2. Vandy, 3. CP. 

rouse deserved the win imo but everyone did good

2 hours ago, lost said:

I would hardly call Cedar Park a dark horse to win state. They’re defending a 3x title and somehow they always pull it off at the very last minute no matter what. They’re in my opinion the safest bet for the state title right now.

Cedar Park is on their fourth title and going for the 5-peat, aren't they?

23 minutes ago, packwick said:

yay!!! vandy comeback!! well vandy annihilation really. over 2 points is a giant gap. prob the most experienced group of BOA judges we've seen so far too, despite not being an official BOA contest. bodes well for vandy late season at San Antonio methinks.

I predicted this outcome as well. Usually the larger groups take time to refine themselves both visually and musically. That is not to take away from Rouses success and I am sure they will be an easy lock for finals at BOA SA. They are in panel 1 which has all the bands they have faced so far including vandy.