UIL 6A 2023 State Marching Band Contest (Oct. 30. & 31)

LeanderMomma

Marcus HS-

I felt disappointed their wasn't a bigger hit in the beginning :( . The music though is REALLY GOOD. Visual's are really clean and make the show fun to watch! A quad feature is something I wasn't expecting XD. Each hit was full of power and sounds very clean! I also want to say I love how their use of props is very unique! Overall, thank you Marcus for the AMAZING performance!

It's just such an edgy different show for Marcus but with the professional visuals and beautiful sonority they create. I mean between the incredible percussion, prop kids picking up swing flags to take up the field, those brass soloists. I hope that this show gets the credit it deserves because man is it a magnificent product.

Flower Mound HS-

HELLO FLOWER MOUND! The music is really good! They played it very well and with great power! The visual package was great as well! As they say, it was really, creative :). Hearing Let it B again was interesting. Plano East HS had it in their show last year. I like that it was used as a ballad feature! I have to mention the use of mirror props was cool, not something you see every year. That ending WAS AWESOME! Overall, a great run from Flo-Mo! Could see them in the top 5! Thank you Flower Mound for the amazing performance!

WAY TO GO FLOMO!!! Not my favorite show design wise, but they execution was TOP NOCH!! Wouldn't be surprised if they snagged a medal as well, we actually could have another LISD sweep, I mean they just killed that performance! Such rich sounds all around, guard was great, that percussion has really stepped it up, I mean wow, great job Flowermound!