2023 BOA Katy (Oct. 7)

LeanderMomma

36 minutes ago, ChristopherRoden said:

Cy Fair with some technical issues, watching them try to fix that was soooo disheartening and makes me feel for the kids. They’re still performing the s*** out of the show so I think they’ll be fine but darn that sucks for them!! 

On quality of performance alone- I think Cy-Fair will be more than fine to stay in the top half tonight. I had no idea all their woodwind soloists were fluttering around their instruments that much!! Even if their prelims score suffers slightly, they will be on track to at least medal tonight. 

7 minutes ago, packwick said:

i think Pearland is gonna be up there, didn't think they were thaaaat far off twhs. twhs has a show with major major potential, not sure if the perf will be enough to come out on top today but it was better than i expected. just some wonky woodwind ensemble mics and timing issues.

I think performance wise it’s close, but TWHS show is soooo much better. Not a fan of Pearland’s cookie cutter Wes show despite the kids performing the crap out of it. 

8 minutes ago, Displayed name said:

I find it really interesting that boa dallas gets a lot more attention than Katy, even when three of the best bands in Texas are in attendance and with pearland going to nats this year

Dallas also has three of the best bands in Texas in attendance!

36 minutes ago, Displayed name said:

I find it really interesting that boa dallas gets a lot more attention than Katy, even when three of the best bands in Texas are in attendance and with pearland going to nats this year

Probably has more to do with where those commenting or posting are from.  It makes sense that people from Dallas are more focused on Dallas regionals and the same for Houston.

13 minutes ago, packwick said:

CTJ was solid!! was expecting maybe something a liiittle more flamboyant. i think the preshow was the best part!!

7L had a beautiful show!! maybe some improvement here?

I thought the same thing about CTJ - overall it was nicely executed but seemed a bit subdued for their own standard.    Maybe they’ll sprinkle more GE as they go??  

7L’s show was elegant and enjoyable.    I hope they can get more student volunteers to join the show to assemble the set-pieces into cranes earlier on and give the guard more of a feature….   My 2 cents..