2023 BOA San Antonio Super Regional (Nov. 3 & 4)

LeanderMomma

8 minutes ago, CloudFuel said:

I just want to be able to buy DVDs (or today's equivalent) of all the shows from each year. It's beyond disappointing that I can't easily show my family / friends some of the greatest shows of all time unless I can somehow magically find them on YouTube.

It definitely sucks that's it's hard to rewatch shows. I think the issue is that some bands and Box5 are quick to give you a copystrike on their videos. My partner regularly records and will post but due to copystrike stuff being issued by a band they're gonna have to hold off on it lol.

38 minutes ago, Rubisco said:

Wow! That Round Rock show was bottom half?! 🤯

I liked everything about it! I love the contrast between the more restrained and stately passages and the ones where the emotion runs more freely. Beautiful visual program, too. I love the overall aesthetic.

Rounds rocks show got me tweaking and peeping

#hebronontop

It's actually insane what Wakeland has been able to do this year.... THAT DRILL IS SO HARD YET SO CLEAN!!! I don't understand how they make the arrows/curve forms SO EASY to do!!! Not to mention that incredible brass line... wow Wakeland, just wow. Percussion is amazing as always, soloist killed it, I think I personally have them slightly edging out Leander, but it will be close. Just amazed year in and out and what this program is able to do, amazing job Wakeland, and welcome back to finals for the first time since 2015!! 

11 minutes ago, GeekBoy54 said:

It's always nice to see someone make finals at this contest after a long time. The last time Wakeland was in finals was in 2015 here.

I think the only streak longer than that which was eventually broken was the 10 year non-finals streak for Cypress Falls from 2006-2015

To be fair to them, they aren’t really a yearly/frequent participant to my memory, could be wrong on that, but yeah, they aren’t a guaranteed yearly attendee

Edit: yeah its their first time back since 2019, attended in 2016 and 2017 post-2015 as well

40 minutes ago, CloudFuel said:

I just want to be able to buy DVDs (or today's equivalent) of all the shows from each year. It's beyond disappointing that I can't easily show my family / friends some of the greatest shows of all time unless I can somehow magically find them on YouTube.

We used to be able to do that. Then the lawyers got involved.

5 minutes ago, ThatOneRandomGuy said:

Wakeland didn’t even originally make finals in 2015! A bunch of bands got sick and so they brought in wakeland as a place holder!

No, that's not what happened. There was major flooding in the Austin-Metro area during BOA San Antonio 2015 which forced a couple of bands (Leander, Dripping Springs, Hendrickson) to drop out of the contest because Music for All couldn't fit a rescheduled time for them in the schedule. I'm still mad about that because Leander really could've won the whole thing if the weather didn't happen.