2022 4A UIL SMBC (NOV. 9)

Hey everyone, so we know that next year should be 2A, 4A, and 6A once again. Now If they do change it, I will remove this topic. 

2021 brought one of the most amazing contest seasons to date, even with all the weird placements. Now there is something that should be noted, that is there is now a high chance that both Argyle HS and Melissa HS will be moving up to 5A. This will open the door for new finalists for the 2022 season and also to see a new champion be crowned. This contest will be a great one and this could be the final 4A state marching contest for some of the bands as they get ready to move up to 5A and earn the chance to march at the 5A state marching contest!

• 4 weeks later...

So, Argyle HS and Melissa HS have moved to 5A, but 4A is getting a lot of bands added, which could make this state contest very interesting! 

Area A- Canyon Randall (Made State in 2021), Canyon West Plains, El Paso Austin, El Paso Bowie, El Paso Irvin

Area B- Frisco Panther Creek (Brand new to 4A) & Wichita Falls

Area C- Jacksonville and Sulphur Springs

Area D- Austin Northeast, Austin Travis, Caldwell, Lago Vista, Marble Falls, San Antonio Houston

Area E- Alvin Iowa Colony, Bishop, Edgewood Kennedy, Edgewood Memorial, Floresville, & Orange Grove

• 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, J-Mike16 said:

What bands could you see make Finals?

NL and Canton for sure! I’d imagine China Springs, Anna, Springtown, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Frisco Panther Creek made it considering how good the FISD schools are. I’d also Burnet and hopefully Pecos, as they are normally class 2A champs at most of their BOA events and Area but for some reason struggles at State. Hopefully Lake Belton, but could definitely see some new faces. 

40 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

NL and Canton for sure! I’d imagine China Springs, Anna, Springtown, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Frisco Panther Creek made it considering how good the FISD schools are. I’d also Burnet and hopefully Pecos, as they are normally class 2A champs at most of their BOA events and Area but for some reason struggles at State. Hopefully Lake Belton, but could definitely see some new faces. 

Lake Belton moved up to 5A. As far as new faces, I think Lumberton could get into finals after a very successful season this past year with 11th place at State. Bridge City and Wills Point could also make Finals.

46 minutes ago, J-Mike16 said:

Lake Belton moved up to 5A. As far as new faces, I think Lumberton could get into finals after a very successful season this past year with 11th place at State. Bridge City and Wills Point could also make Finals.

Do you know what Area LB will be in? And definitely oils see BC and WP in finals here! 

• 2 months later...

Welp, its almost summer, which means the countdown begins until 2022 season starts!!! I was reading some of the comments above and I am already liking some of the predictions that have been made. Based on info that I have seen, we could expect Area D and E to send about the same amount of bands as they did in 2021. This could really interesting to see as those area's tend to have a tough battle towards the end, so we could see a new face or 2! Area C should be sending the same amount of bands as last time, but it is possible they could be sending a sixth band! With Area B however, there is still a chance that 5 bands advance from the area, but it is not for certain since Both Argyle and Melissa moved up and a couple of other bands moved to 3A, which took out some much needed spots to help grow the area. But back to good news is that we could be seeing a 4th band come to State from Area A, so that will be a lot of fun to see! Can't wait to see what is in store for the 3rd State Year in a row for 4A!

• 5 months later...