UIL Area F 5A 2021

5 minutes ago, Frizboy said:

Is it just me or have most bands gotten surprisingly better this year, especially considering Covid preventing many groups from competing last year? A lot of these groups seemed to have taken a large step forward.

I think everybody was ready to get back to band, and saw it as a year where the past didn't affect them as much. This line up looks a little different than when I went to high school, and it's exciting. 

41 minutes ago, box5sop said:

I think everybody was ready to get back to band, and saw it as a year where the past didn't affect them as much. This line up looks a little different than when I went to high school, and it's exciting. 

Definitely think covid gave everyone a boost. There were plenty of groups like Cleburne that hadn't stood out to me in previous years but have really stepped it up. Granted, I hadn't seen most of the groups here since 2019 area, but even disregarding Azle's meteoric resurgence and the drop downs from 6A, this area seemed to be much more competitive than even last time around.

To add to the complexity, Birdville's run was really locked in. I don't see why it couldn't compete with Burleson Centennial or Legacy tonight. I would be surprised if they're top 4, though.

Top 4 seems right now to be something like Aledo, Azle, Summit, and Colleyville Heritage.

After that, Burleson Centennial, Legacy, Birdville, and Midlothian are competitive, with Richland and then Brewer trailing a bit.

Those are my undereducated guesses at rankings.