UIL Area F 5A 2021

Just now, Quadmom68 said:

We were shocked, too. Can they get a penalty for starting too soon? I noticed a lot of bands did that, but I think they started earlier than most. 

I dont believe so I think there's only a penalty if there not off the field in time

2 minutes ago, Clarinetplaya87 said:

As far as legacy, you have to understand the judging panel is extremely young. Younger judges prefer bigger bands typically. Legacy was the smallest band at finals by 30 people.

Summit is very small. I think Summit and Legacy have about the same size band. 

3 minutes ago, rickthestick said:

Legacy is only going to get smaller, yet the school is going to be 6A in a year or two. At this point I can’t wrap my mind around why bands aren’t classified by the size of the band, was Legacy expected to just pull 30 people out of nowhere to march? 

This is a good point. Legacy is nearly a 6a school in terms of size, but their band is the size of a 4a band. Makes little sense. 

1 minute ago, LostChoirGuy said:

Well clearly the size of the band can't be everything when the second smallest group qualified for state.  I think all of these groups should be proud of making finals because this was a tough area.

I don’t think that’s what we’re saying, that size is everything. I think we’re just saying for the size of their band Legacy was robbed. I saw their performance and it definitely was solid. In my opinion, better than half of the finalists today.