2019 BOA Indianapolis Super Regional

I know we don't usually discuss BOA's outside of Texas unless they include a bunch of Texas bands, but we need to be watching this one!  Especially as many of these bands are headed to Grand Nationals in three weeks.  Here is a list of bands you need to watch on FloMarching this Friday and Saturday if you are even remotely interested in what some of the best bands outside of the state of Texas are up to.  ;)

I've converted the times to Central Time, btw.  The official Indy schedule is in Eastern Time.

Friday, OCT 25

10:00 a.m. – Central Hardin H.S., KY

10:15 a.m. – Henry Clay H.S., KY

11:00 a.m. – Noblesville H.S., IN

11:15 a.m. – Ben Davis H.S., IN

1:15 p.m. – Homestead H.S., IN

1:30 p.m. – Northmont H.S., OH

2:30 p.m. – Lakota East H.S., OH

3:45 p.m. – Lake Central H.S., IN

5:15 p.m. – Fishers H.S., IN

5:30 p.m. – Castle H.S., IN

5:45 p.m. – Brownsburg H.S., IN

6:15 p.m. – Grove City H.S., OH

6:30 p.m. – Lawrence Township, IN
6:45 p.m. – Avon H.S., IN**
7:00 p.m. – Center Grove H.S., IN

7:30 p.m. – Centerville H.S., OH

8:00 p.m. – Carmel H.S., IN**

8:30 p.m. – Plainfield H.S., IN

Saturday, OCT 26

6:30 a.m. – Goshen H.S., IN
6:45 a.m. – Eden Prairie H.S., MN

7:00 a.m. – Lockport Township H.S., IL

8:00 a.m. – Blue Springs South H.S.,MO
8:15 a.m. – Lincoln-Way Community H.S., IL

10:15 a.m. – Grain Valley H.S., MO (Vista Ridge's Reid Atkinson used to be a director here and he really built that program up!)

10:30 a.m. – North Hardin H.S., KY

11:15 a.m. – Mustang H.S., OK

12:00 p.m. – Marian Catholic H.S., IL
12:15 p.m. – Blue Springs H.S., MO
12:30 p.m. – Morton H.S., IL

1:00 p.m. – O’Fallon Township H.S., IL

1:30 p.m. – Pickerington North H.S., OH

2:00 p.m. – Prospect H.S., IL

**THESE ARE BANDS VYING FOR A MEDAL AT GRAND NATS

Well that what was your Grand Champion right there.

It certainly can be. They have 3 weeks to get it into championship form (not there yet - the 2nd half is still rough, but a beautiful show). It will probably win this super regional with a bit of a margin on Carmel (TBD as of this writing).

Great show from Avon. It's their best show since at least 2015. Definitely some room for growth in the performance over the next few weeks. There are also some pacing issues, especially towards the end, when the show seems to end once and then starts up again before the true ending. It was a little odd. Also, the drill isn't as consistently engaging from high up as I thought it would be, but there are lots of really outstanding moments. The ballad, for one, is a total goosebumps moment. That said, I don't think this Avon show is *quite* as unbeatable as I thought it was, but Avon is still my pick for the top at the moment. Unfortunately, I won't get a chance to see Carmel, so somebody's going to have to record that one!

Great show from Avon. It's their best show since at least 2015. Definitely some room for growth in the performance over the next few weeks. There are also some pacing issues, especially towards the end, when the show seems to end once and then starts up again before the true ending. It was a little odd. Also, the drill isn't as consistently engaging from high up as I thought it would be, but there are lots of really outstanding moments. The ballad, for one, is a total goosebumps moment. That said, I don't think this Avon show is *quite* as unbeatable as I thought it was, but Avon is still my pick for the top at the moment. Unfortunately, I won't get a chance to see Carmel, so somebody's going to have to record that one!

I’ll record it on my iPad and send it. Might not be superb quality. I won’t keep it of course. Or publish it.