2019 Band Productions

I've avoided coming to this thread... because... well, TWHS doesn't do a show reveal, and what is known is kept hush hush... and my name is visible for everyone here so I won't be the leak and get into trouble... lol!  

But... what I know, and have heard from others and the kids... 

TWHS is pretty excited for our show, and we will have a lot of fun with it.  The band right now sits at @310 members- including the @50 color guard members (of which my baby girl is a member of now!) for next year.

I am confident that it will be an amazing show- looking forward to seeing it in SA and Indy

I've avoided coming to this thread... because... well, TWHS doesn't do a show reveal, and what is known is kept hush hush... and my name is visible for everyone here so I won't be the leak and get into trouble... lol!  

TWHS is pretty excited for our show, and we will have a lot of fun with it.  The band right now sits at @310 members- including the @50 color guard members (of which my baby girl is a member of now!) for next year.

You have to do what I did - give the name on the forum just after it is publicly announced at the first football game.

Our band is going to be huge next year as well!

As of right now we are sitting at over 320 members total for next season, and a 60 member guard(!). That is going to be a lot of fun to put on the field. 

Lumberton has 214 signed up for next year as of last Friday. It will be the biggest group Lumberton has ever had. I dont know the official numbers for each section except for 2 sections. There are 14 members in the guard and an overwhelming 17 sousaphones. That has to be some kind of record for a 4A band to have 17 tubas. It will be a great year for Lumberton because of new competitions and new uniforms! Better watch out, Lumberton is not over yet with the rise over the past few years.

I am curious why the secrecy of the show theme?  What is the downside to everyone knowing the theme?  I can understand posting videos of the actual show with visuals early in the season, but this one has me confused??  

I am curious why the secrecy of the show theme?  What is the downside to everyone knowing the theme?  I can understand posting videos of the actual show with visuals early in the season, but this one has me confused??  

TWHS currently keeps things under wraps until they are ready to make a general announcement, which doesn't usually happen until the first football game. That is how the directors wish it to be, so most parents respect their wishes.

I am curious why the secrecy of the show theme? What is the downside to everyone knowing the theme? I can understand posting videos of the actual show with visuals early in the season, but this one has me confused??

I've heard it's to keep judges from making preconceived judgements of the show, or from keeping them from guessing what the band is gonna do and how they're gonna play certain peices

and so the season begins - I got to hear CTJ last night perform the first half of their music on the pad before our alumni event.

My new freshmen participated and I was surprised how pumped he was afterwards- and he was just as excited to head back this morning. I was worried about the shell-shock and if he was thinking "what have I gotten into"

the music was WOW!!! with the visual components that are planned with the new uniforms and such - the Texas Teams will be a power in Indy, But as we say every year, BOA-SA will be a blood bath

I am going to miss sitting in the VIP Box in SA after 4 years as an alumni parent, I now have to work the event with CTJ hosting it.

is it September yet???

It’s definitely overwhelming for Freshmen but I’m sure it helps that y’all are a long time CTJ band fam.

Looks like John B Alexander is doing a similar theme to Leander’s this year. Minutes to Midnight featuring the following music: The Promise of Living by Aaron Copland, Messa de Requiem by Giuseppe Verdi, Music for Prague 1968 by Karl Husa, The Planets by Gustav Holst, and music by Inon Zur (Fallout) and Hans Zimmer. I’m curious how similar it will be to Leander’s show. Also just can’t wait to see if their show is as emotionally engaging as last year’s was. My (then 19 yo) daughter and I sat up high by the band directors seats last year at San Antonio and they kept nudging each other when they saw our tears. Yes, JB Alexander, you had us!!!!!

West Mesquite HS (Mesquite, TX)
"Cityscapes"

William H. Taft HS (San Antonio, TX)

"Carmen: A Spy Story"

Musical Selections:
"Glory Days" from The Incredibles- Michael Giacchino
"Theme" from Mission Impossible- Danny Elfman
Suite 1 and Suite 2 from "Carmen"- Georges Bizet

Louise HS (Louise, TX)

"The Samurai and the Maiden"

• 2 weeks later...