BOA St Louis 2019

the only thing I feel confident about with this one is BA winning and probably by a huge margin. While I personally preferred Tarpon at Orlando from a demand and execution standpoint, BA was quite impressive, and their show is a huge crowd pleaser. 

After that, I don't know what to think. I feel like Blue Springs, Coppell, LD Bell, Lake Travis, and Rosemount will probably fill out the top 6. In what order, I don't know. I'm not sure whether Rosemount nearly beating Blue Springs at Cedar Falls means Rosemount is a medalist caliber group here or if Blue Springs has just taken a small step backwards this year. I'm kind of leaning towards the latter, but wouldn't really be too surprised to see them go 2nd and 3rd (especially Blue Springs in 2nd considering they've gotten 2nd here 5 out of the last 6 years)

Pre-season assumption probably would have had LD Bell in 3rd here, and I can absolutely see that happening, maybe even 2nd, but I feel like Coppell and/or Lake Travis may be able to over take them this year. LT's show is conceptually brilliant and they're executing it at a very high level. Coppell has really made a big step forward this year. They were less than a point behind Bell in Bedford prelims and were closer to FloMo than expected at Birdville. 

I'm guessing Bixby, Camdenton, Franklin, Haltom, Jenks, O'Fallon Township, Union, and SFA fill out finals (not in that order), though I could see Grain Valley, Lincoln or maybe Air Academy pulling it off, too. Haltom may belong in the upper tier, but I just haven't seen them. 

My predictions!  The top 2 I'm sure on and everyone else could pretty much finish 3-14 and I wouldn't be surprised smiley.png (well maybe some more than others)

1 Broken Arrow HS, OK (all captions)
2 Blue Springs HS, MO
3 Rosemount HS, MN
4 LD Bell HS, TX
5 Jenks HS, OK
6 Lake Travis HS, TX
7 Coppell HS, TX
8 Haltom HS, TX
9 Bixby HS, OK
10 Union HS, OK
11 O'Fallon Township HS, IL
12 Franklin HS, TN
13 Stephen F. Austin HS, TX
14 Camdenton HS, MO

My predictions!  The top 2 I'm sure on and everyone else could pretty much finish 3-14 and I wouldn't be surprised smiley.png (well maybe some more than others)

1 Broken Arrow HS, OK (all captions)
2 Blue Springs HS, MO
3 Rosemount HS, MN
4 LD Bell HS, TX
5 Jenks HS, OK
6 Lake Travis HS, TX
7 Coppell HS, TX
8 Haltom HS, TX
9 Bixby HS, OK
10 Union HS, OK
11 O'Fallon Township HS, IL
12 Franklin HS, TN
13 Stephen F. Austin HS, TX
14 Camdenton HS, MO

Just out- Grain Valley and Bentonville

Some nice performances today.  Sounds like I should have caught Hernando.

Bentonville is nice, very pretty show overall.  Love their guard as always.  .

O'Fallon Township was unique as always, some really cool stuff with the blocks.  Love the music.  

Fort Zumwalt North was so adorable.  Really nice overall sounds and it's just a fun simple take on the western aesthetic and sound.  

I really liked blue spring but is it just me . I just expected more especially since the show they had last year. Maybe I’m just over thinking but it just wasn’t as good . Still incredible just not as amazing as last year

Supposedly it was great, the best of the day, but it wasn’t doing it for me for some reason. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't see too many shows yesterday, but did catch Union and Blue Springs. They were both good shows, but I agree - Blue Springs is not as good as last year, but still quite good. Union has a good show with some potential to get better, and they've moved up my opinion ladder for Grand National Finals.

Blue Springs’ show is extremely devoid of emotion. Both Blue Springs and Vista Ridge went way art house this year. As a result, they’re carrying very mature and difficult shows that showcase each ensemble’s immense talent (especially visually for BS and musically for VR), but in terms of connecting with the audience on some deeper level, both seemingly fall quite flat compared to last year. I hope their design team can balance out these factors next season.

Blue Springs’ show is extremely devoid of emotion. Both Blue Springs and Vista Ridge went way art house this year. As a result, they’re carrying very mature and difficult shows that showcase each ensemble’s immense talent (especially visually for BS and musically for VR), but in terms of connecting with the audience on some deeper level, both seemingly fall quite flat compared to last year. I hope their design team can balance out these factors next season.

Exactly this! I adore VR - their talent is through the roof and they are executing at a very high level in all elements. But I just have not connected with it in any of the 3 times I’ve seen it live.