Area B 2018

It’s strange to me how bands who won’t advance to state could destroy some who do.

It’s the same with making all-state in our area; our school went from having like 4-6 all-staters a year to 0. One of my friends went from making state his sophomore year to making last chair area his senior. It’s ridiculous.

It’s the same with making all-state in our area; our school went from having like 4-6 all-staters a year to 0. One of my friends went from making state his sophomore year to making last chair area his senior. It’s ridiculous.

True tho . My son made tmea all state twice and didn’t his senior year

This is now my 12th season in the activity, and I’ve seen many boring shows become something special by November and many many more sparkly shows in September become complete duds at the end. It’s early.

Amen.  And sometimes it just takes awhile for a show to grow on you.  And then it just blossoms into complete awesomeness.  Cedar Park is a great example of that.  And CTJ really.  Usually with CP I'm a little "bored" at first, but by the time UIL rolls around, I'm blown away by them.  And by BOA SA, I am usually completely enamored with Cedar Park's show.  With CTJ, I'm usually just totally confused the first time I see them (which is usually BOA Austin).  They always seem like a chaotic hurricane early on, yet they draw you in with their phenomenal musical and dance abilities, and you just know they are going to be incredible by the end.  I'm always scratching my head in bewilderment at first, and then I'm like "oh yeah, this is insanely brilliant" by the time we get to BOA SA.  

This year I am ready to see some new faces in San Antonio finals.  I'm thinking it's going to be quite a roller coaster season!

I may have let a little bit of my salt from BOA Atlanta into that take. Haltom is a good band, I just let my own personal beef with them into my post.

Yeah I love ridge and they did great last year and I know they will do great this year but then again my sons went to haltom so I love that program and I haven’t been able to see cedar ridges show yet and I’ve heard haltoms and I can just go off what I’ve seen a and what that is is greatness but then again I know cedar ridge is gonna do incredible things .

Amen.  And sometimes it just takes awhile for a show to grow on you.  And then it just blossoms into complete awesomeness.  Cedar Park is a great example of that.  And CTJ really.  Usually with CP I'm a little "bored" at first, but by the time UIL rolls around, I'm blown away by them.  And by BOA SA, I am usually completely enamored with Cedar Park's show.  With CTJ, I'm usually just totally confused the first time I see them (which is usually BOA Austin).  They always seem like a chaotic hurricane early on, yet they draw you in with their phenomenal musical and dance abilities, and you just know they are going to be incredible by the end.  I'm always scratching my head in bewilderment at first, and then I'm like "oh yeah, this is insanely brilliant" by the time we get to BOA SA.  

This year I am ready to see some new faces in San Antonio finals.  I'm thinking it's going to be quite a roller coaster season!

we may not see any competitions until San Antonio - there is a good chance that there is going to be some heavy rains the next few weeks - right now Midland and McAllen regionals could see some major impact - there are 4 stores in the atlantic - 3 named and a depression that will likely be a tropical storm when it hits Corpus on Friday and then comes up through San Antonio and Austin - could be one of those really wet years again 

we may not see any competitions until San Antonio - there is a good chance that there is going to be some heavy rains the next few weeks - right now Midland and McAllen regionals could see some major impact - there are 4 stores in the atlantic - 3 named and a depression that will likely be a tropical storm when it hits Corpus on Friday and then comes up through San Antonio and Austin - could be one of those really wet years again 

yes, I've been thinking the EXACT same thing.  I would not be surprised if several of those Texas BOA's have to be cancelled.  What a bummer that would be!   :huh: