I’m such a band nerd and watched the region 11 contest live, BOA Austin, Conroe, and Midland Live. I’ve also watched the latest videos on every band so I’m going to give my personal ranking of the bands at Area as off now.

1. Vandegrift

2. Leander

3. Vista Ridge

4. Lake Travis

5. Westlake

6. Del Rio

7. Warren

8. Brandies

9. Stevens

10. Judson

11. Brennan

12. O’Connor

13. Taft

14. Steele

15. Marshall

16. Clark

17. Clemens

18. Eagle Pass

19. East Central

You region 29 and 32 folks what do you think? I didn’t go to Rocket Review which many of theses guys went head to head.

I’m such a band nerd and watched the region 11 contest live, BOA Austin, Conroe, and Midland Live. I’ve also watched the latest videos on every band so I’m going to give my personal ranking of the bands at Area as off now.

1. Vandegrift

2. Leander

3. Vista Ridge

4. Lake Travis

5. Westlake

6. Del Rio

7. Warren

8. Brandies

9. Stevens

10. Judson

11. Brennan

12. O’Connor

13. Taft

14. Steele

15. Marshall

16. Clark

17. Clemens

18. Eagle Pass

19. East Central

You region 29 and 32 folks what do you think? I didn’t go to Rocket Review which many of theses guys went head to head.

Honestly after what I watched at gupton today I'd switch Vista and vandy.

I like those rankings a lot. Obviously, the real race is for the last 2 finals spots. I think your 6 to 11 ranking could fall in any order. As a Brandeis parent, I know they have yet to add in the drum break. If they can clean things up enough in the next week, they could slip by Warren or Del Rio. Or drop to 11, who knows!

I see your point and I think that can happen as well. But I think it’s more like 6-9. Brennen is just too unbalanced, aggressive, and out of tune to beat Del Rio.

If Vista Ridge won Area this week, which I believe is very possible, it'll be their second win–their first being 2013 5A Area D. They then went on to grab the 3rd place medal at state, moving behind Vandegrift and Cedar Park.

If only LISD can pull off such a sweep this season! While I don't think it will happen, it's honestly not out of the realm of possibility.

If Vista Ridge won Area this week, which I believe is very possible, it'll be their second win–their first being 2013 5A Area D. They then went on to grab the 3rd place medal at state, moving behind Vandegrift and Cedar Park.

If only LISD can pull off such a sweep this season! While I don't think it will happen, it's honestly not out of the realm of possibility.

This is really cool, did one of the judges say they would have been 1st yesterday?

This is why this is the most exciting 6A state marching contest in the last 12 years imo. I'd argue everyone pretty much knew who was going to get gold for the last decade. Marcus was unmatched on a uil score sheet and no one was going to challenge flomo in 2016. This year though? I can honestly say it's completely up for grabs between at least 5 groups. It's gonna come down to who has the best run Tuesday afternoon and that's super exciting.

This is why this is the most exciting 6A state marching contest in the last 12 years imo. I'd argue everyone pretty much knew who was going to get gold for the last decade. Marcus was unmatched on a uil score sheet and no one was going to challenge flomo in 2016. This year though? I can honestly say it's completely up for grabs between at least 5 groups. It's gonna come down to who has the best run Tuesday afternoon and that's super exciting.

You know, it really is exciting! No one can predict with any real accuracy who will even medal this year. It’s crazy and it’s fun. :)

Any more thoughts on how the LISD bands will stack next saturday?

Hard to say, I feel like they are fairly evenly matched(they were all within 1.1 points at Austin). Right now I'd give the the nod at area to vista ridge based on region performances. That being said these groups are so close that I feel like a productive week of rehearsals and a strong run in finals could put any one of the three on top.

People better start including Vista Ridge when they mention LISD-South!!

Yeah, they often get forgotten but they perform very well.  The city of Cedar Park often celebrates Cedar Park High school and never mentions when the other school in Cedar Park does well or even out performs them.

I will also add that I was extremely impressed with Lake Travis yesterday. It’s probably the best they’ve ever looked. They are getting great depth of sound. I also think that the show is very engaging and has some great touches to evoke Coco Chanel and Stravinsky. Plus they are including some Petrushka which is one of my faves.