2018 Show Announcements

Think Weiss has a shot at St Louis finals?

I am hesitant to go that far, but it’s not completely out of their reach. St. Louis is a Super Regional with some heavy hitters like Bentonville, O Fallon, Broken Arrow, Blue Springs, Owasso, Jenks, Dripping Springs, Marian Catholic and Bellevue West among others, so the competition will be pretty fierce!

Sheesh. Some of these videos are of severely questionable quality.

Yep. And it is also dubious to make any judgements about sound from these too. Mobile phone microphones aren't really intended for recording the full breadth of tones that a band produces. Heck, even higher end cameras don't have the audio recording chops to be of real use either.

Yep. And it is also dubious to make any judgements about sound from these too. Mobile phone microphones aren't really intended for recording the full breadth of tones that a band produces. Heck, even higher end cameras don't have the audio recording chops to be of real use either.

Oh good, I’m glad it’s not just me. I couldn’t tell you if any of these bands sounded amazing yet or not based on just these YouTube videos. I mean I’m sure they do sound awesome based on who they are, but definitely NOT based on these videos. Heck even Flo Marching pales in comparison to seeing something live. I think I will hold off on judging anything until I see it for myself. Live. :)

Oh good, I’m glad it’s not just me. I couldn’t tell you if any of these bands sounded amazing yet or not based on just these YouTube videos. I mean I’m sure they do sound awesome based on who they are, but definitely NOT based on these videos. Heck even Flo Marching pales in comparison to seeing something live. I think I will hold off on judging anything until I see it for myself. Live. :)

Agreed. Leander's in particular was unintelligible to me. It will be fun to see everyone live.

I am hesitant to go that far, but it’s not completely out of their reach. St. Louis is a Super Regional with some heavy hitters like Bentonville, O Fallon, Broken Arrow, Blue Springs, Owasso, Jenks, Dripping Springs, Marian Catholic and Bellevue West among others, so the competition will be pretty fierce!

Look for Cedar Park under CPHS. It looks pretty good. I like the music choices. I thought I was viewing Leander from the front but Ha! It was the back like everyone said. I couldn’t find Coppell. It’s so early and these shows will get better and better! I do like the limited props and no props.

Look for Cedar Park under CPHS. It looks pretty good. I like the music choices. I thought I was viewing Leander from the front but Ha! It was the back like everyone said. I couldn’t find Coppell. It’s so early and these shows will get better and better! I do like the limited props and no props.

Cedar Park does look great as usual. And maybe I’m wrong, but their color guard seems bigger this year as well. I like it!

we sound like a bunch of junkies - looking for our next fix.... i looked at a number of videos from this weekend and it is hard to get much more than an idea of the concept from all of them. limited props, pour video quality and you have to FF past some of the dance teams.

while it gives a view of what is to come, - I cant wait to see some real competitions - 18 days till BOA Texas kicks off 

we sound like a bunch of junkies - looking for our next fix.... i looked at a number of videos from this weekend and it is hard to get much more than an idea of the concept from all of them. limited props, pour video quality and you have to FF past some of the dance teams.

while it gives a view of what is to come, - I cant wait to see some real competitions - 18 days till BOA Texas kicks off 

So true. Multiple times a day I go on youtube and see if any shows have been posted because I need more. Im going to try to go to the next rehearsal so I can feel at ease for a little

I couldn't really hear Coppell or Leander. (Maybe I had the wrong video) and never found the full video of CP.

Found a video of James Martin. Interesting stuff there. There are some good things happening for sure but they definitely have lots of room for improvement. I'm not counting them out of finals contention in Area B. I couldn't tell what it is, but there is some sort of string instrument solo in their show. Viola maybe? Someone who knows better should correct me. Very unusual.

That would be a violin yes. Being an alumni now seeing them perform from the other side is a strange thing, still settling in!! But being there the last 4 years I can definitely say this is the strongest first performance they’ve had since I’ve been there, really looking forward to how the season plays out for them, i know for them they really wanna get to that top 5-6 for State, really hoping they can!!

Man it’s insane how much of their show everyone has on the field already! It’s like the kids themselves ( this doesn’t come because of the directors imo) are out for blood this year. From the looks of it, this year is going to thwart the last in terms of competitiveness. Last year was the year of amazing shows given to already amazing programs, but this is the year of having the amazing shows AND every student buying in and wanting more. It’s as if all these programs at the top are disappointed with what they had last year. It’s amazing. I can’t wait until the competition season starts, it’s going to get ugly.

That would be a violin yes. Being an alumni now seeing them perform from the other side is a strange thing, still settling in!! But being there the last 4 years I can definitely say this is the strongest first performance they’ve had since I’ve been there, really looking forward to how the season plays out for them, i know for them they really wanna get to that top 5-6 for State, really hoping they can!!

haven’t they had violins in there shows for the past 3 years

I really didn't expect them to get 39th at SA, especially after getting 19th in 2016. I know my friend at James Martin wasn't really happy about it but I think they will do good this year.

Trust me, I wasn’t happy about it either, but still we got to watch the awesome finals that SA definitely was, and state years usually tend to be better for Martin, so Im looking forward to how they grow this season!!

That they have, kind of a reoccurring thing these past few years! personal favorite use of strings was in our “String Theory” show having a string quintet up front. That show was a blast!

I loved "String Theory" in 2016. I was really rooting for Martin to make it to State that year. I would've loved the opportunity to see it again!