2018 6A State

A lot of y’all are predicting Waxahachie to do really well. I’ve never seen any of their shows and we’ve never had to compete with them though, so I can’t make much of a judgement. Just out of curiousity, what makes them so good?

They were in 5A last year and placed 3rd in the state. They moved up to 6A and are looking to keep that momentum going. If you ask me, I feel like if they make state finals, they will round out in the last couple of spots similar to Bell and Coppell from area B in 2016. Waxahachie’s main focus this year is clearly UIL and they are clearly succeeding.

They placed near the bottom of finals at BOA DFW so making finals at BOA San Antonio will be a fight but they are doing amazingly on the UIL side of things this year.

They were in 5A last year and placed 3rd in the state. They moved up to 6A and are looking to keep that momentum going. If you ask me, I feel like if they make state finals, they will round out in the last couple of spots similar to Bell and Coppell from area B in 2016. Waxahachie’s main focus this year is clearly UIL and they are clearly succeeding.

They placed near the bottom of finals at BOA DFW so making finals at BOA San Antonio will be a fight but they are doing amazingly on the UIL side of things this year.

Agreed. I feel like Coppell, Waxahachie, Cedar Ridge, and Hendrickson will be competing for that last State Finals spot.

When is the best time to go historically? I know, officially it makes no difference, but is it best to go later, I understand morning sucks because of the early rise and traffic.

Early and stay all day!!!! Seats fill up early. Plus, it is fun to watch all the programs. The atmosphere is incredible!!!

Early and stay all day!!!! Seats fill up early. Plus, it is fun to watch all the programs. The atmosphere is incredible!!!

By default now I'll be there probably all day (unless I need to help the band or my wife with something after we perform). Most people will miss our show Monday morning - you really shouldn't if you can at all make it!

Haltom famously went on 1st in Prelims in 2004 and made State Finals. It is not impossible for an early slot to do it!!!

Now, State Finals.....

A program with a later performance time in State Finals and knocks it over the fences usually moves up.

1. Flower Mound

2. Vista Ridge

3. Keller

4. Hebron

5. Reagan

6. Vandegrift

7. Marcus

8. Bowie

9. Waxahachie

10. Johnson

11. Woodlands

12. Coppell

13. Westlake

14. Leander

15. Prosper

16. Hendrickson

17. Duncanville

18. Oak Ridge

19. Pearland

20. North Shore

Have fun with this! I want some variety in the top 3 (not just a bunch of Lewisville schools) so I put VR and Keller up there

Seeing as 4/5 judges had Clements solidly above Pearland, would you consider us in contention as well?

No offense, but with so many great programs in Texas, Id say they are a solid 15th-25th place band for state. Great sound though. I believe Clements has won area E a few times and always places in the twenties.

Thanks for your input! Time will tell. What is our hinderance to higher placements would you say?

Feet timing and form clarity while on the move. Sound is very solid every year.