lets see what this weeks standing look like after BOA SA

2.            Flower Mound                                       6th in Finals (below # 3, 4, 5, 7, 9)

3.            Avon                                                     4th in Finals (below # 4, 5, 7)

4.            Hebron                                                 2nd in Finals (below # 5)

5.            Claudia Taylor Johnson                       1st in Finals (Above # 2, 3, 4)

7.            Vandegrift                                            3rd in Finals (Above # 2, 3)

9.            Reagan                                                5th in Finals (above # 2)

should be interesting - 11 other programs in the top 30 that performed that will impact the standing (I assume)

Do y’all think ld bell will go down a lot and what would happen to bands like cedar ridge ??? They would go up ?? But then that makes me think would that also bring wando and haltom up since the are all behind bell but beat cedar ridge that then beat bell less then a week before ??

Bell, Leander, and The Woodlands should drop quite a lot

I dont think the rankings will exactly mirror the standings at this competition. For instance, I don't think Leander will be as far as a 14th place finish would make them seem because their other results are consistent with more along a 10th place. Bands that are going to GNats probably wony fall quite as hard as it woulf seem either, so while the woodlands and round rock for instance will definitely fall, I dont think RR will fall out. Haltom probably wont move up with Cedar Ridge since their show finished last week. Cedar Ridge improving and having a great perfomance this week doesnt translate to haltom necessarily being better last week. I think they are safe in the 25-30 range. Pearland will likely join the next 10 which is cool and maybe dripping springs might make it to the next 10? I suppose I could just make up my predictions for what will happen and post them.

1. CTJ

2. Hebron

3. Carmel

4. Vandegrift

5. Avon

6. Broken Arrow

7. Flower Mound

8. Tarpon Springs

9. Ronald Reagan

10. Marcus

11. Blue Springs

12. Cedar Park

13. Wando

14. Castle

15. Homestead

16. The Woodlands

17. Keller

18. Hendrickson

19. Union

20. Leander

21. Cedar Ridge

22. O'Fallon

23. James Bowie

24. L.D. Bell

25. Ayala

26. Vista Ridge

27. Marian Catholic

28. Haltom

29. Owasso

30. Vista Murrieta

31. Round Rock

32. William Mason

33. Bellevue West

34. Park Vista

35. Fort Mill

36. Dobyns- Bennett

37. Pearland

38. Kennesaw Mountain

39. Dripping Springs

40. Center Grove

1.Ctj

2. Hebron

3. Vandegrift

4. Avon

5. Carmel

6. Broken arrow

7. Tarpon

8. Flomo

9. Ronald Reagan

10. Marcus

11. Cedar park

12. Blue springs

13. Castle

14. Wando

15. Keller

16. The woodlands

17. Homestead

18. Union

19. Hendrickson

20. Leander

21. O’Fallon

22. Cedar ridge

23. James Bowie

24. Ayala

25. Haltom

26. Ld bell

27. Marian catholic

28. Owasso

29. Vista ridge

30 . Vista murrieta

Would that put cedar ridge and the groups that beat them above bell and Leander tho ? Is what I’m wondering. so much happened that was so unexpected . Oh and also round rock ??

I think that if one band has a decisive victory over another’s a competition like SA of Nats, the higher band shold be ranked higher. A lot of bands just ended thier season so there isn’t anything else to go off of just jet. For example, Keller should probably be ahead of Leander and The Woodlands because Keller was a pretty decent margin ahead of The Woodlands and almost 3 points ahead of Leander. Cedar Ridge should probably be above Haltom because no one knows how Haltom would’ve improved. And Cedar Ridge beating Leander shows thier improvement.

Past results and reputations can only last so long.

Also, some people argue that prelim results should be taken into great consideration. But when a competition spans multiple days with different judging captions, etc. it’s really hard to go with that. Especially since San Antonio prelims were very inconsistent even more so with the GE caption. Finals was very consistent.

The scores were so tight at the bottom. It was crazy. I know the kids are disappointed but WOW...WHAT A LEVEL OF BRILLIANCE! This year the high level of competition was just outstanding in San Antonio. No shame!!

Agreed, no shame at all.  They represented very well.    This Vista Alumn parent is proud of all the bands.