2017 BOA St. Louis

Their show is fantastic, of course. In my opinion though the go carts are distracting and unnecessary. They would have an equally great show without them.

I respectfully disagree.  It is fascinating how well the color guard uses them as both a prop and an accessory to whatever they are doing at the moment.  Same with the band.  Watching the horns come in with one guy standing and one guy driving, but BOTH guys playing on the carts was incredible.  Great GE if you ask me.  Altho I do wonder about the repeat.  Perhaps it is as one of our Txbands experts said (can't remember who now) a reflection on the drill writer wanting to show that his product could be "recycled" and still win Grand Nats.  Of course, Broken Arrow would have to win GN for that to happen now wouldn't they?   ;)

I got home late last night, might throw together a review of the show and my first BOA experience later tonight.

Short version is it was life changing awesome. I’m so so so glad I got to go and am super hyped about San Antonio.

Oh PLEASE do!!!  I would love to know how your first BOA live experience went.  There ain't nuthin else like it on here on urffff.  

14.) 75.75 - Cam deton

13.) 76.40 - Lincoln

12.) 77.90 - Rockwood Summit

11.) 78.45 - Bentonville

10.) 78.65 - Morton

9.) 78.75 - Prospect

8.) 79.60 - Bixby

7.) 81.80 - Jenks

6.) 83.75 - Westwood

5.) 83.75 - Grain Valley

Music - Broken Arrow

4.) 85.40 - Owasso

Visual - Broken Arrow

3.) 87.10 - O'Fallon Township

GE - Broken Arrow

2.) 87.55 - Blue Springs

1.) 88.80 - Broken Arrow

How in the world is BA 2 points worse than Avon and Carmel? This does not bode well for them come nationals.

Huh. I thought Owasso would have done better.

Don't be sad! They really are that good! Did you watch their show from St. Louis last year? That show was the best, and would have beaten everyone (yes, including Flower Mound - IMO).

Still 3 weeks to Nationals. I think the repeat is hurting them. I read through the judging rubric, and it is OK to reuse ideas in a new and creative way. I don't see that with the reuse of their props from last year, so they aren't getting full points for their show, nor should they (in my view). Going to be toward the top, and could win, but there will now be doubts in some minds, and new hope in others. Should be exciting!

Not really digging the rehash of ideas but still a good show.

I respectfully disagree.  It is fascinating how well the color guard uses them as both a prop and an accessory to whatever they are doing at the moment.  Same with the band.  Watching the horns come in with one guy standing and one guy driving, but BOTH guys playing on the carts was incredible.  Great GE if you ask me.  Altho I do wonder about the repeat.  Perhaps it is as one of our Txbands experts said (can't remember who now) a reflection on the drill writer wanting to show that his product could be "recycled" and still win Grand Nats.  Of course, Broken Arrow would have to win GN for that to happen now wouldn't they?   ;)

I'm excited to see how this will play out.

It was a tough weekend for CyFalls missing Finals by a quarter of a point but the 26 hours I drove Thursday and Sunday was totally worth it because I got to see Broken Arrow live. If you are judging Broken Arrow from the steam, don't be fooled. The stream doesn't do justice to how great The Pride was live. After watching the stream of Falls my son recorded, I heard a major difference. I thought Falls sounded amazing live but the stream doesn't do justice to their performance. I know this forum is for Texas bands, but I have a lot of respect for Broken Arrow. My daughter said some of the Broken Arrow members were so nice to members of Fall band commenting how much they enjoyed Falls show.

I've seen them live (not yet this year), so I know they are great. Certainly not putting them down, but trying to look at this show critically in light of last year's show and the upcoming Grand Nationals. It is much easier to look at other bands critically than your own (usually), and BA has set a certain standard for themselves that the discussion here is determining if we think they met. And even if they miss that standard, they are still one of the 5 or 6 best bands this year without a question in my mind.

After seeing them last night, I think there is a very high chance O'Fallon will be making there first national finalist appearance this November.

After watching the stream of them I'm quite astonished by their music scores. Maybe my Texas band ears are in, but there were tons of stick-outs plus poorly played music. But maybe everyone else fell into that category. It is often said that GE can carry other captions, but idk about that much.