2017 BOA St. Louis

Oh. My. Word.

I have no words for how good Broken Arrow was.

Utterly speechless.

While I don't like the repeat, that doesn't take away from their technical brilliance. They perform at a high level that few high school bands can compete with, and no one at this contest (Blue Springs is probably the closest to them). I look forward to seeing them at Indy. Wild Blue Orchid in 2015 was the clear winner that year in my view.

While I don't like the repeat, that doesn't take away from their technical brilliance. They perform at a high level that few high school bands can compete with, and no one at this contest (Blue Springs is probably the closest to them). I look forward to seeing them at Indy. Wild Blue Orchid in 2015 was the clear winner that year in my view.

I still don't have words for my reaction to seeing them for the first time ever at a BOA event. YouTube can't do them justice. Heck I'm sure Flo Marching didn't either. I can't imagine seeing them live.

Here is the best way I can think to describe how I felt at the end of their show. I watch Vandy and Ronald Reagan and I say to myself, "wow, they're really good. But so is CTJ and Leander." I watched Carmel and Avon tonight and was impressed; my thought was that they are fantastic, but so is Flowermound and Hebron. Then I saw Broken Arrow and I had no thoughts at all. It was nothing but awe and emotion. I felt like I had witnessed brilliance on a scale I had never before witnessed in a high school band. Perhaps it was simply because they are the only one of the top bands that I've never seen in competition before tonight. Perhaps it was just an emotionally raw response to something in their performance. I'm sure many would say that I am overstating how incredible they are. I don't care. That was the best darn band I've ever seen in my entire life.

I still don't have words for my reaction to seeing them for the first time ever at a BOA event. YouTube can't do them justice. Heck I'm sure Flo Marching didn't either. I can't imagine seeing them live.

Here is the best way I can think to describe how I felt at the end of their show. I watch Vandy and Ronald Reagan and I say to myself, "wow, they're really good. But so is CTJ and Leander." I watched Carmel and Avon tonight and was impressed; my thought was that they are fantastic, but so is Flowermound and Hebron. Then I saw Broken Arrow and I had no thoughts at all. It was nothing but awe and emotion. I felt like I had witnessed brilliance on a scale I had never before witnessed in a high school band. Perhaps it was simply because they are the only one of the top bands that I've never seen in competition before tonight. Perhaps it was just an emotionally raw response to something in their performance. I'm sure many would say that I am overstating how incredible they are. I don't care. That was the best darn band I've ever seen in my entire life.

I understand. I've had the opportunity to see them live a few times, so that helps with my expectations. I hope my posts are getting across that I think they are awesome!

I am surprised by the small margin tonight. That was unexpected.

14.) 75.75 - Cam deton

13.) 76.40 - Lincoln

12.) 77.90 - Rockwood Summit

11.) 78.45 - Bentonville

10.) 78.65 - Morton

9.) 78.75 - Prospect

8.) 79.60 - Bixby

7.) 81.80 - Jenks

6.) 83.75 - Westwood

5.) 83.75 - Grain Valley

Music - Broken Arrow

4.) 85.40 - Owasso

Visual - Broken Arrow

3.) 87.10 - O'Fallon Township

GE - Broken Arrow

2.) 87.55 - Blue Springs

1.) 88.80 - Broken Arrow

How in the world is BA 2 points worse than Avon and Carmel? This does not bode well for them come nationals.