2017 BOA San Antonio Super Regionals Predictions

I haven't seen a ton of shows so far this year but I did get a chance to see Cedar Ridge. I think they're going to surprise a lot of people this year. I'm predicting they'll make finals. What place I don't know, but they'll be there.

I am *hoping very hard* to see that show twice that weekend because I LOVE it. One of my favorites of the year. If they and Hendrickson both perform Saturday evening I’ll be giddy in my seat all night

I am *hoping very hard* to see that show twice that weekend because I LOVE it. One of my favorites of the year. If they and Hendrickson both perform Saturday evening I’ll be giddy in my seat all night

I saw Hendrickson's prelims and finals run at TMC this weekend. Just typing this out is making me get goosebumps from remembering. Awesome show. Their finals run at night made the show (specifically the props) so much better.

I'm anxious for BOA to put out the San Antonio schedule.  As of this time last year, the schedule had already been posted so surely it will be any day now.  I've got to make plans, people!   :D

I just went back and read through the entire BOA SA 2016 thread and found it amusing how similar it is to this year's thread, other than the predicted winners and top finalists.  I guess it's true really...the more things change, the more they stay the same.  

But come ON, BOA...gimme a schedule!  

I'm anxious for BOA to put out the San Antonio schedule.  As of this time last year, the schedule had already been posted so surely it will be any day now.  I've got to make plans, people!   :D

I just went back and read through the entire BOA SA 2016 thread and found it amusing how similar it is to this year's thread, other than the predicted winners and top finalists.  I guess it's true really...the more things change, the more they stay the same.  

Keep checking here for an active link:

http://www.musicforall.org/resources/directors-lounge/fall-final-packets

This gets updated before the main website.

I've been refreshing the page every hour or so since you gave me the link yesterday.  I think I may have a problem...   :lol:

Nah, no problem. (Refresh..... doh!......Refresh.....)

Here is some news. Just got back from the band booster meeting. They have set the schedule, so I know when we go on, and I would assume others do too. I think that means the details should be forthcoming.

Here is some news. Just got back from the band booster meeting. They have set the schedule, so I know when we go on, and I would assume others do too. I think that means the details should be forthcoming.

Hi there. Quick, unrelated question for you! Do you happen to know what the balls in TWHS' show are supposed to be this year? I was debating with a friend whether they were supposed to be stars or not, because I think the narrator mentions stars during the ballad. When I saw them, I immediately thought of Marcus' show in 2006, when the clams open up to reveal the pearls and the trombone girl dances around with one of them. I'm assuming they're not pearls, though!

I'm anxious for BOA to put out the San Antonio schedule. As of this time last year, the schedule had already been posted so surely it will be any day now. I've got to make plans, people! :D

I just went back and read through the entire BOA SA 2016 thread and found it amusing how similar it is to this year's thread, other than the predicted winners and top finalists. I guess it's true really...the more things change, the more they stay the same.

I was thinking the same thing, we need the schedule! Last time we went we left at 4 am.Saturday but need to know if we need to take Friday off.

Yes, I also heard late last week what Leander's timeslot is. I'm just anxious to see the entire schedule so I can decide how early to head down to San Antonio. :)

Hi there. Quick, unrelated question for you! Do you happen to know what the balls in TWHS' show are supposed to be this year? I was debating with a friend whether they were supposed to be stars or not, because I think the narrator mentions stars during the ballad. When I saw them, I immediately thought of Marcus' show in 2006, when the clams open up to reveal the pearls and the trombone girl dances around with one of them. I'm assuming they're not pearls, though!

Certainly not pearls. I think the star reference is more correct. I went looking through some photos of the real Garden of Cosmic Speculation, and didn't find anything directly like these orbs (certainly a quick and limited search just now). With the flow of the show, and the mention of stars in the narration, I would go with that interpretation.

I honestly think Haltom would be a lock.

They have honestly grown so much in the past year and it's incredible . Love love haltom program and I would of loved to see them live here in San Antonio since I am not able to attend Atlanta but I guess I'll just have to watch from my computer sadly . Also could of seen them as locks as well

They have honestly grown so much in the past year and it's incredible . Love love haltom program and I would of loved to see them live here in San Antonio since I am not able to attend Atlanta but I guess I'll just have to watch from my computer sadly . Also could of seen them as locks as well

The past few years have been great to them. I remember the excitement I felt a few years ago after seeing their name on the BOA St Louis finals schedule.

I don't know if Haltom would be a "lock" for me, but I could see them being in finals and definitely would be close, if not in.

You've got to see there show live this year . It's beyond beautiful trust me . I saw it live yesterday at I guess bisd bandfest and the sound they produce is so full and lush and visually they are outstanding . I remember also seeing them at Mansfield contest and they are about 50 times better then they were.

Wish me luck, guys! I play for Jourdanton H.S, one of the 4 Class A bands to compete last year... needless to say we weren’t the strongest marching band on the field. While I don’t expect us to win obviously, I want us to be the top Class A at the very least and hopefully entertain the audience and surprise them by being a great small band!

Good luck! I remember being vastly impressed with one of the small bands last year at San Antonio. Seems like they were a class A band from Alabama?? Anyway, they were fantastic and everyone enjoyed their show. Hope to see you guys!