23. College Park H.S., TX

24. James Martin H.S., TX

25. Oak Ridge H.S., TX

26. Westwood H.S., TX

27. Keller Central H.S., TX

28. North Shore H.S., TX

29. Pearland H.S., TX

30. Leander Rouse H.S., TX

Speaking of Avon's tough schedule here's who they have to compete against at each.

Canton- The returning 2nd place band is Moon Area if that says anything about Avon's competition

Fisher's Invitational- Schedule isn't out yet, but I'm guessing Brownsburg is their comp.

Dayton- Main comp is Carmel

ISSMA Regional- This is just a qualifier for semi state

Indy Super- Main comp is Carmel

San Antonio - Main comp is Flower Mound, but many more bands will be gunning for Avon and Flomo

Grand Nationals - comp from Broken Arrow, Carmel, Flower Mound, Mason, and The Woodlands

One thing to note is that by nationals Avon will have already competed against Carmel, Flower Mound, and The Woodlands but not Broken Arrow or Mason. It will be interesting to see how things go.

I've decided that my preseason top 5 is going to be Avon, Flomo, The Woodlands, Vandegrift, and CTJ in no particular order. The other groups I could see landing here are Leander, Hebron, Cedar Park, Reagan, and Marcus.

I would have to agree -Avon and Flomo are a given - but I think WL, Vandy and CTJ are set for a breakout year - it will be fun to watch

Locks:

The Woodlands

Flomo

Hebron

Marcus

Reagan

Vandy

Churchill 

CTJ

Leander

Avon

Upper bubble:

Bowie

Round Rock

Bell

Keller 

Vista Ridge

Cedar Park

Hendrickson

New Braunfels

Lower bubble:

Cedar Ridge

Oak Ridge

College Park

Keller Central

Clear Brook

Pearland

Cy-Fair

Coppell

Westlake

Martin

Other bands with strong backrounds

North Shore (Want to predict them higher, but they just dont have much history in BOA)

Rouse

Westwood

Klein Oak

Aledo

Ridge Point

Judson

Timber Creek

O'Connor

Seven Lakes

Wakeland

There you have it. 41 bands with the possibility of doing very well. Gonna be a fierce competition!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Once Saturday night cones, can someone please take a crack at predictions here? It will finally be easier to make those predictions now that the season has actually started, right?

Not at all. Need to see the first 3 weeks of BOA before decent predictions can be made. Obviously we can predict who we WANT to win, based on emotions and past history, but no one truly has any idea what will happen. FWIW, I hope to see some new bands in finals this year! Go #teamtexas!

Once Saturday night cones, can someone please take a crack at predictions here? It will finally be easier to make those predictions now that the season has actually started, right?

Predicting San Antonio the day before is hard enough, doing it now with absolutely no exposure to 99% of the bands is nearly impossible; it'd pretty much be me looking at last year and kinda guessing the trajectory of each school.  

Pair that with the absolutely insane density of good bands and it just turns into a total guessing game.  

I do predict that coming and getting to experience this monster of a competition for the first time is going to be a pretty incredible experience for me.  

:D

Predicting San Antonio the day before is hard enough, doing it now with absolutely no exposure to 99% of the bands is nearly impossible; it'd pretty much be me looking at last year and kinda guessing the trajectory of each school.

Pair that with the absolutely insane density of good bands and it just turns into a total guessing game.

I do predict that coming and getting to experience this monster of a competition for the first time is going to be a pretty incredible experience for me.

:D

I'll be there too! And I don't think anyone would have predicted that Flower Mound would sweep finals last year or that The Woodlands would surge so late in the season either.

And BOA in general, Midland is going to be my first ever BOA experience, then I'm heading to St. Louis the week after that, and finishing with San Antonio. Pretty excited!

Ok, I would love to see your face when these mega 5A and 6A (Texas school size, not BOA sizes) bands hit their first big hits in the Alamo Dome! Your eyes are going to glaze over and you may lose consciousness momentarily.

Ok, I would love to see your face when these mega 5A and 6A (Texas school size, not BOA sizes) bands hit their first big hits in the Alamo Dome! Your eyes are going to glaze over and you may lose consciousness momentarily.

As someone who is entering the music education field after I finish college, I don't think I could ask for a better place to experience the peak of what I am going to spend the rest of my life around.  

As someone who is entering the music education field after I finish college, I don't think I could ask for a better place to experience the peak of what I am going to spend the rest of my life around.  

Have fun! I completely agree with what everyone else has been saying. You're going to love BOA San Antonio!