I can Vista Ridge will likely not attend. They (speaking from rumblings I hear) talked about going this year but the consensus is to wait a few years for the program to improve some more. I would not be shocked to see if in twoish years Vista Ridge makes top 10 in finals at Boa San Antonio and then soon after that went.
Vandegrift I could totally see going in 2017.

And y'all should start watching Rouse. Their new director got them to 11th at their (maybe) first time at BOA Austin. 5 years from now I could see them in Finals at BOA SA.

Side note: CP and Leander will likely not return to indy until 2020.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't help but wonder if this might also be a contributing factor to the less than stellar performance of #teamtexas this year.

I agree that this did have some effect on the Grand National performances this year. Three major competitions in less than 2 weeks is a lot of stress. All in all, I still think they did very well and Avon, Carmel, and Mason really raised the bar high this year. It would have been really interesting to see how things would have turned out if Flower Mound and Hebron had been there!

Vandegrift I could totally see going in 2017.

Per the calendar on their band's website, Vandegrift's band, choir, and dance team (!) will be flying to Hawaii around spring break in 2017, and, as part of their trip, will give a concert at the Battleship USS Missouri.

This could mean that Vandegrift will not attend Grand Nationals in the fall of 2017, since the combined costs of doing Grand Nationals and this Hawaii trip within the same year would probably be very high.

But I find it really cool that some of Vandegrift's arts programs are specifically heading to Pearl Harbor (which is where the Missouri is docked), given Vandegrift's military namesake and heritage!

• 2 weeks later...

Per the calendar on their band's website, Vandegrift's band, choir, and dance team (!) will be flying to Hawaii around spring break in 2017, and, as part of their trip, will give a concert at the Battleship USS Missouri.

This could mean that Vandegrift will not attend Grand Nationals in the fall of 2017, since the combined costs of doing Grand Nationals and this Hawaii trip within the same year would probably be very high.

But I find it really cool that some of Vandegrift's arts programs are specifically heading to Pearl Harbor (which is where the Missouri is docked), given Vandegrift's military namesake and heritage!

Well it wouldn't surprise me Vandegrift has band boosters with pretty deep pockets.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sad to see Churchill absent from so many predictions.

If they grow in the same manner they did last year, it's totally possible. I think there's still some fleshing out of their show that's already down that can help too. And recent developments in Ohio give them a possible spot to make it happen. But I'm not sure at this point. Totally open to (and actively watching/hoping for) them making finals.

Predictions as of now.

1. Broken Arrow

2. Carmel

3. Flower Mound

4. Avon

5. The Woodlands

6. Marcus

7. Castle

8. Round Rock

9. William Mason

10. Homestead

11. Union

12. Blue Springs

Music: Flower Mound

Visual: Broken Arrow

General Effect: Carmel

I think you're being a little generous to Flomo. They're good, but I think Avon can pull ahead.

I'm so excited to see Broken Arrow. I've heard very interesting things about their show this year. Can't wait!

I think you're being a little generous to Flomo. They're good, but I think Avon can pull ahead.

I'm so excited to see Broken Arrow. I've heard very interesting things about their show this year. Can't wait!

It's a little generous to say that FloMo could edge out Avon by one place? lol

Honestly, the top four (if not the top five) can land in any order. In the past three years, Carmel has been 1st, 4th, and 5th. In 2015 Hebron won Class Champion.. given that FloMo is generally a better band (their visual shouldn't be as weak and their music will hopefully be at par with Hebron 2015), they realistically have a shot of medaling. 

Honestly, the top four (if not the top five) can land in any order. In the past three years, Carmel has been 1st, 4th, and 5th. In 2015 Hebron won Class Champion.. given that FloMo is generally a better band (their visual shouldn't be as weak and their music will hopefully be at par with Hebron 2015), they realistically have a shot of medaling. 

I know this topic is about Grand Nats, but it's BOA SA that will be most interesting to me this year!  Avon can definitely win in Indiana, but I can't wait to see if they'll also win in San Antonio.  Obviously, they CAN win there, but will they???  I'm so glad they're making the trip down.  The pot, so to speak, WILL be stirred!   B)

That's true. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out.