With so many Texas powerhouses going this year, I wonder if Marian Catholic's string of 22 (& counting) consecutive appearances in the finals is in jeopardy.

I actually think they’ve done 33 straight years now. And I think they’ll most likely make it 34.

For what it’s worth, 2013 and 2016 were both weak years for Marian in which a ton of Texas powerhouses came... and they were fine.

I actually think they’ve done 33 straight years now. And I think they’ll most likely make it 34.

For what it’s worth, 2013 and 2016 were both weak years for Marian in which a ton of Texas powerhouses came... and they were fine.

I thoroughly enjoyed their show at Grand Nats last year.  I'm sure they will be awesome again this year.  

1. Broken Arrow 

2. Avon

3. Carmel

4. Flower Mound

5. The Woodlands

6. Marcus

7. Churchill

8. Round Rock

9. Blue Springs

10. Homestead

11. Prosper

12. Union

There is a method to my madness

Carmel has a really gorgeous, compelling show that could be dangerous at Nats (they just topped avon in prelims at dayton)- though, tbh, they sounded a little rough compared to Avon and certainly compared to FloMo and The Woodlands. 

Avon has a much more challenging program and are playing better than Carmel, but the visuals are still pretty dirty in the more challenging spots and they aren't quite as nuanced and captivating as Carmel in terms of design. 

Did anyone else catch the link to Broken Arrow's exhibition performance from their contest? It will be an outstanding show, but I can't stop thinking that we saw this last year, and that makes it a little less special in my view. Not saying they can't win with it since I'm sure they will be adding more visual elements, and the music will improve. I'm just not sold on repeating the pedal cars. I guess we'll see at St. Louis how they pull it off and if they can keep it fresh. If anyone can, BA can.

Did anyone else catch the link to Broken Arrow's exhibition performance from their contest? It will be an outstanding show, but I can't stop thinking that we saw this last year, and that makes it a little less special in my view. Not saying they can't win with it since I'm sure they will be adding more visual elements, and the music will improve. I'm just not sold on repeating the pedal cars. I guess we'll see at St. Louis how they pull it off and if they can keep it fresh. If anyone can, BA can.

I feel like it's just not broken arrow anymore . Honestly I was bored and all i believe it was , was colorguard with band instead of band with colorguard .

Also I feel as they don't play and move much they hold and do visual while playing . I wasn't as impressed . Feel like it's the same although I like the whole sequel concept but just music choices didn't impress me

I feel like it's just not broken arrow anymore . Honestly I was bored and all i believe it was , was colorguard with band instead of band with colorguard .

Also I feel as they don't play and move much they hold and do visual while playing . I wasn't as impressed . Feel like it's the same although I like the whole sequel concept but just music choices didn't impress me

It does seem to lack the Broken Arrow presence on the field. When they are out there, you want to pay attention because they are that awesome. I missed that with this show. It is early, and the video isn't from the best location, so we'll have to see. Not going to over-react from one video at this point.

It does seem to lack the Broken Arrow presence on the field. When they are out there, you want to pay attention because they are that awesome. I missed that with this show. It is early, and the video isn't from the best location, so we'll have to see. Not going to over-react from one video at this point.

While it's fair to say they might not carry as much spark as usual, it could be linked to the very recent loss of one of their band students. It was just a couple of weeks ago right after the football game, and as we all can imagine, it would make things very heartbreaking and difficult. I admired their resolve to play on after such a tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Broken Arrow band family, esp the student's family. I cannot imagine.

I’ll break my vow of silence to say this about Broken Arrow: their music is absolutely magnificent — probably my favorite of the year at this stage — and the movement from the band is quite extraordinary. But the overall visual program is disappointing in its familiarity. The cynical part of me (which is honestly probably most of me) wants to say that Wes might have decided to do a sequel this year just to show his other clients that he can win Nationals even with recycled ideas, although probably it has more to do with the fact that he didn’t have as much involvement last year as he wanted to have.

That's a pretty bold prediction putting Prosper in over bands like Castle, William Mason, Marian Catholic, Owasso, and Dobyns-Bennett. Not saying that all 6 bands from texas dont have a chance, but its pretty bold.

Dobyns-Bennett and Owasso are the ones I would put in finals over Prosper. They're all good bands, I just feel those two have had particularly great seasons this year.